ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total Seal rings...????

Renaultsport Clio 172
Hi there, has anyone used total seal rings in the F4R engine? Are they good? I have the idea to change cams and rings in the next cam belt service, due in 25,000km, So I am starting savings. The engine will be 120,000 or 75,000 miles. What else to look fopr change at this mileage? So three questions here

1. Are this rings good choice and what size to fit in 172/182?
2. Will they do more torque or give a better feel?
3. Will the engine be ok to support more power from cams?

Thanks guys!

Contact performance unlimited if you want a set. They'll be able to find which ones you'll need. Google them, I've lost their number.

172 cup
i wouldnt bother wasting your money just get a set of cams wacked in when you get your cambelt done much easier and will save you alot of dollar

Lionel Richie
unless you have a problem with your existing rings then it seems mad to rip apart the engine to change them for no reason

compression test the engine first

ITB'd MK1
I've fitted them in a turbo engine intended to run 2bar of boost, to reduce the worry of blow-by. Wouldn't bother on N/A personally, especially if there's no issue to start with. Disturbing it will cause problems not solve them

RS RIP
Hi there, has anyone used total seal rings in the F4R engine? Are they good? I have the idea to change cams and rings in the next cam belt service, due in 25,000km, So I am starting savings. The engine will be 120,000 or 75,000 miles. What else to look fopr change at this mileage? So three questions here

1. Are this rings good choice and what size to fit in 172/182?
2. Will they do more torque or give a better feel?
3. Will the engine be ok to support more power from cams?

Thanks guys!

do'nt know about the rings, but the guys above explained already .

My car was at 110 thousand km when the cams were put in and it's fine. It's great actually :) These F4R engines are strong

Renaultsport Clio 172
unless you have a problem with your existing rings then it seems mad to rip apart the engine to change them for no reason

compression test the engine first

Thanks for the advices to ALL, nothing wrong with my engines, actually it is perfect, no strange noises or what so ever, pulls ok against lower mileage cars, just thinking of them as an upgrade, but if it makes no sense then I will leave this aside. Just cams!