ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total loss of drive??

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
anyone had this its on my mates 182 only done 40k, he said it just happened suddenly when he went to pull off, no noise or big bangs just wasnt pulling?? i had a quick look and everything is fine outside the box like c.v joints clutch cable etc so im thinking its just the clutch has given way! still got clutch pedal too!:S

172 cup'd extreme
It might be the diff retainer, it used to be a circlip but on the 182 its a circular metal retainer with 3 torx bolts holding it in. If it breaks you will loose drive.

del

2004 Clio Cup 172
yeah i thought it wouldnt run the circlip being a later clio so i guess i'll just get it jacked up 2mo an see wats gone wrong! cheers anyway.

lol the greased up deaf guy is awesome, "ur neva gonna catch me.. dont even try see you all again next year"!

S2000
I would agree with 16v john, I've not heard of if happening on 182's before but that was what first came to my mind with the symptoms you decribed.