ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Total auxiliary parts refresh.

Few days ago heard the quiet sound of what sounded like rattling bearings.

The next day the auxiliary belt system started whining, and 2 hours later of use the battery light came on the dash, the battery was measuring 11.6v and then moving the steering wheel side to side slightly increased the noise of whining.

So I'm getting:

- auxiliary belt kit. This comes with all the pulleys?

- new alternator from Renault. Or are there recons available now which are just as good? If so, which one exactly?

- PAS pump. Any particular ones to go for, or are all the reconned ones the same quality?

- should I do the AC compressor too, while I'm there?

Also, this is a DIY job on the driveway now because I don't want to drive it, just incase.

The cambelt is due in July 2016, but the auxiliary belt is nearly a year over due now.

Clio 182 arctic
Why would you replace all the pump, alternator, ac compressor?
If they are working its just a waste of money.
I wouldn't even call it preventative maintenance, just replace whats faulty and save the cash

Sorry, I can't have made it that clear...

So just to reaffirm, the system is whining.

Replace alternator? The battery reads 11.6v no matter what the revs are, the lead is in good condition, and the lights are on the dash. So to me, that's.... alternator. Unless I'm missing something. Hence my question regarding which to go for.

PAS pump. It makes more noise when I put on any kind of lock. So, to me that sounds like the PAS pump might be about to give up?

I asked about the AC pump because seeing as I'm there, just to do something extra. Not sure if the AC needs a regas or if the pump is on its way out, becasue it doesn't blow that cold anymore.

Doing the job isn't an issue its just the more information I can get off knowledgeable people, the better.

To me it seems the belt/tensioner has gone too tight and it's started to take out extra things, and had I not parked the car out the way, it may have snapped and taken out the timing belt at the same time?

Thank you.