ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion bar

Clio 182 FF 2005
Does anyone know if the torsion bar of a williams or vavlver etc is stiffer and if it would fit into mk1 clio 1.2? I just had to higher me clio at the back because if i had 2 people in there it sat about an inch lower and rubs a lot - i also have fk highsport coilovers. i heard the willy's ones are stiffer but havnt they got a wider wheelbase? so not to sure about it all.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
there is no point, i cant see it being "stiffer"... what profile tyre do you run on what wheels?

mine is now slammed at the back and there is no rubbage with 3 fat c***s in the back.

the highsport coilovers iirc are adjustable gas aswell as height, they must be too spongy, stiffen them up a touch then they wont bounce and compress like they did.

S2000
As sambo said, I wouldn't have thought they would be stiffer and TBH I'm not sure if they are interchangable anyway. Mines is VERY low (too much so) at the back and I don' get any rubbing even with 3 in the back, but I'm running 15/45/195 tyres. It can be a bit of a gamble as some seem to be OK and others seem to get loads of rubbing.

mas

MK7 GTD & Mini GP
yeah, plenty of room left in my arches... saying that im running 195/65/13 tyres, need to get some lower profile ones soon!

and all the torsion bar does is hold the whole rear arm at a certain level and lock it in place, it does not give a stiffer ride if you have a stiffer torsion bar

Clio 182 FF 2005
u dont seem to understand what i mean its stiffer (due to shocks) but it doesnt hold the weight very well, because the torsion bar sets the height the stiffer it is the less weight will effect if u get me, and if i had a stiffer torsion bar then it would hold the weight better i would of thought? ive got 195/45/16 tyres, i just looked at it and it was only rubbing on one side for some reason,maybe i had them set at different height gunna try n sort it in a bit i think and see if it helps, thanks anyway

Yopu all know nowt lol

Valver/williams rear beam is stiffer as it has 2 bars (iirc), its either 2 or 4, and other models have 1 or 2.

Also the valver/williams rear track is wider, so unless you are planning on getting valver rear arches welded in it woudln't fit. At donnignton measuring agaisnt someone's valver the valver cpmpared to RSi was 50mm wider