ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torsion bar (tips pls)

Hi all

After trying for months to find someone local to reset the torsion bar on the valver i have finally given up! So im going to atempt the job myself this weekend... I have printed off the guides i have found and all seems quite straight forward. Just wondering if there is any other tips or advice to make the job easier.

Thanks in advance

jason

car? need a license 1st!

Grease, and lots of it...

its a b*****d to get out in an case, but make sure you grease it up well before u do, will make it that little bit easier.

I have been giving it a drowning in WD each time i wash it, hopefully this will have eased it up ready. Can still see this being a nightmare.

Is there anything that people do wrong on there first attempt that i could avoid?

Massey6465 & saxo1.1

If its allready bin lowered once it should come out no probs the 2nd time. Youve done right by spraying it in advance. Make sure you got a good quality nut and bolt as you puller,as there was a guy on here recently who sheared one off in the end of the bar.

Mine got stuck when I first tried to get it to come out & I found that if I wound my puller so it was pulling on the bar,then got underneath the car& tapped with a hammer at the point where the 2 halfs of the bar meet it just poped out.

Quote: Originally posted by Tucks on 14 March 2005

If its allready bin lowered once it should come out no probs the 2nd time. Youve done right by spraying it in advance. Make sure you got a good quality nut and bolt as you puller,as there was a guy on here recently who sheared one off in the end of the bar.

Mine got stuck when I first tried to get it to come out & I found that if I wound my puller so it was pulling on the bar,then got underneath the car& tapped with a hammer at the point where the 2 halfs of the bar meet it just poped out.

Cool "the hammer" my favorite tool in the box LOL, will bare this in mind, just going to soak the bar daily before my first attempt!

Thanks again

jase

"will post up the results, should finish the car off"