ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torrents and macs

BG 182
I'm wanting to use the likes of bitorrent on my mac but am very cautious about downloading on my mac as I do not want any viruses.

What is the recommended software to use and what is the best free antivirus software to protect my mbp.

Thanks

Lewis

M2 / Golf GTI
I'm on Vuze with no Anti-Virus. Not needed tbh, anyone buying it is wasting money imo.

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
There have been a number of trojans targeted toward OSX recently. Just a warning, don't think your not prone to viruses. As the Mac community grows, so will the damned viruses, spyware etc..

I've been looking at AV software for a few weeks, doing my research. avast! Mac edition seems to be good.
Not much I've come across is freeware.

Forgot - Transmission :cool:

I used uTorrent now, for some reason when I use Transmission it stops any of my Internet browsers from working. The massively annoying thing about uTorrent is the fact that you can't choose where to save the torrents' contents, whereas Transmission asks you each time you load a torrent.

Ph1.2 / VW Polo
Is anybody using frost wire? I downloaded it and had a go. Its good but I dont trust it. Its like napster where you can download single tracks.