ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

torque

ph2 172 ff
im wondering about more torque as i suppose most people ask in normally aspirated cars, i was having a play with a cooper s today and in 3rd and 4th he left me behind i know they are supercharged but i presumed because of how quick this one was it wasnt standard, are there any ways with out going do the routes of turbos etc that i can get more torque??? sorry if question has been asked before:eek:

RB 182 Cup
this is a clio forum! you can not admit defeat to anything lol

The mini must have had like 10k of work done to it

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
How old was the Mini? The newer Cooper S is actually turbo charged. A remap should help you find some more torque, failing that a decent set of cams.

ph2 172 ff
it was an 03 s......i thought is was modded because the amount off power it had in third and fourth but it did kick out rather a lot of black smoke which led me to believe it possibly wasnt standard.

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Ah right, the 03 is the supercharged one alright. Punchy enough for such a heavy car. If its putting out a lot of black smoke Id say theres something not right at all with it.

Chelsea tractor
it was an 03 s......i thought is was modded because the amount off power it had in third and fourth but it did kick out rather a lot of black smoke which led me to believe it possibly wasnt standard.
Derv?

sounds like a modified car tbh, 172 shouldn't normally have a problem with one

only S that has stayed with me was a GTT modifed version running a reputable 220bhp

With an super charger you'd expect him to pull away from you at mid-range revs. With the clio you have to keep it over 4.5k rpm because that's where the power is. Turboed and super charged cars have good low down torque.

Any existing modifications??

Do this

Get involved in the matched inlets group buy circa £150
Fit a decat £150
By an RStuner £170 or go to see pmurray @ RStuning (diff company) £225 (current group buy in traders section

should see an easy 15lb/ft of torque with that lot, pauls map got me 10lb/ft on its own, well worth the outlay