ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

TORQUE WRENCH HELP!!

renault clio
Trying to take off my current wheels to put my standard 15" dynamique back on for a little while until i get a few bits sorted and I have purchased a torque wrench and socket and I have had the torque wrench set to the right setting but how the F**K do you use it? not sure if its jsut me being completely stupid but if someone could help me it would be greatly appreciated as im really F**ked off at the mo!!!!!

Jez

LY 182
well, what bit dont you get? you set it up to the correct torque seting (90 odd nm) then do it up untill it clicks

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
He's trying to take his wheels off . Chances are the place you had your last tyres fitted over tightened them with an air gun or impact wrench . Set the torque wrench to a high setting until you crack the nuts open . Then set the wrench at 90 Nm for reffiting your bolts and the jobs a good un . Plus you'll have a little lever on top for reversing the ratchet . Make sure you got it set to undo your bolts . When you do tighten them it will click , telling you you've reached the desired setting .