ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torque Top nut drivers side Vibratechnics enginemount ?

RS RIP
I've read the oem torque-setting on this on is 44NM (?) The OEM mount had a "square" hole where the engine-part of the mount would precisely slide/fit over.. The Vibratechnics has a round hole, with room for play : the bolt has movement in it even when tightened up. I can see metal shaving from the movement , not good.

Would there be a problem to tighten it some more ? Logically i would be pressing down the rubber, also nog the ideal situation.

I've checked the Vibratechnics site, no specs mentioned there..

RS RIP
^^ yes, very sure. :wink:
The way they've constructed the mount (without the little square) leaves a couple of mm play around the bolt. This is (with the abuse of my Schrick cammed engine) not going to be stopped by a nut that's tightened to 44NM :down:
Shame the people at Vibratechnics did not copy this construction from the oem mount

Wondered about this too.
What worries me far more, is the fact that if that 1 bolt shears for whatever reason (lose nut, etc..) nothing will actually stop the engine from moving outside the mount.
Doesn't seem like there was much effort going into the design of it.

Anyway unless you actually check some charts to see what torque would be safe for the specific bolt strength (it says 10.9 on the buttom I believe), I'd avoid overtorqueing it, as you really don't want that bolt to go... And of course use a new nyloc nut or loctite.