ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Torque setting for 182 alloys

RB 182 FF cup pack
Hi Guys,

Gonna be giving the alloys on my 182 a good clean at the weekend inside and out! Gonna have to take them off to get the job done right just need to know what torque setting to set the wrench when tightening them back up? Can anyone help?

i have always done that on my cars, I think they are 19mm. Just remember how tight they where when they came off and them like that.

RB 182 FF cup pack
Could do, but knowing my local renault dealer they would probably charge me for the info, robbing feckers!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
After trying a few different settings I am now on 110Nm for road, 120Nm for track.

Stops the b*****ds falling out lol

RB 182 FF cup pack
Thanks for all the info! One other thing before i go how do i get my profile pic up when posting threads?

182 Trophy
Amazes me how many people just get a massive f**king bar and think 'tighter is better'

RB 182 FF cup pack
Gonna go with the torque setting first. Bought a wrench just as well use it! Figured out how to get a pic up! Won't get a pic up for a few days though computer crashed back along and lost all pics, shame had a few nice ones of the 182

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
LOL @ "as tight as you can get them"

110-120nm by hand wont happen, so tight as you can by hand. whats wrong with that go to garages do you ever see them use torque wrenches no they just whack them on.

Are you retarded? My bolts on my car right now are tightened to 120nm, like it says in my book. Done by hand.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Christ, if i did them as tight as i could they'd break, you lot must be wusses.

A good wheel brace, get them on, do them up as much as you can, nothing wrong with that.

Think people measuring torque settings on wheel nuts on Clios smells of MASSIVE overkill. Its a Clio ffs not an F1 car.

End thread.

Are you retarded? My bolts on my car right now are tightened to 120nm, like it says in my book. Done by hand.

You strike me as the type of guy that would check the tightness and torque settings of your wheels after an MOT or garage work.

Pointless

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
A good wheel brace, get them on, do them up as much as you can, nothing wrong with that.

Think people measuring torque settings on wheel nuts on Clios smells of MASSIVE overkill. Its a Clio ffs not an F1 car.

End thread.

Not really, my mate did his by hand, ended up snapping one and had to get the garage to drill it out.

You should torque everything you can imo! Not doing so can go 1 of 2 ways:

1) under tightened - result in wheel falling off when on a spirited drive ;) (i have almost had this on the road once)

2) damage to the bolts/hub

Last edited:
Well everyone is different and has there own way to do things, the pros in garages dont use torque settings you see Ferrari on F1 in the pit lane getting there torque wrench out and i think theres it a little more inportant than a clio. Also a not 16st and go the gym so it suits me fine. Also i work with nuts and bolts everyday so i no when one is going to cross thread or not feeling write.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
These nuts and bolts you work with...do they come in a box like this?

Meccano_No7_Instructions_(front).jpg