ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mounts

Clio 172 Phase 1
Just went to fit my top mount "fix" washers last night, and the bolt will not budge! I am going to go to a garage tomorrow and see what they can do, but if worst comes to worse and they won't come off what happens then?

Really pissed off nothing is ever simple for me lol

P.s none of this man up b****cks lol ;)

Clio 172 Phase 1
have you tride some WD40 and letting it soak before trying to undo it?

Yea mate overnight and tried with some more whilst doing it :(

The whole top mount tries to turn as well not sure if this is normal as I haven't done it before, obviously using the allen key prevents this.

Clio 172mk2
yer u`ll be able to move it but itll all move, either soak in wd40 and use allen key and swan neck spanner, or buzz gun at garage will take it off easily

chumpmobile
you doing it with the wheels on the floor right?

the whole of the topmount will spin, it's all connected - the nut and the black rubber bit

Clio 172 Phase 1
you doing it with the wheels on the floor right?

the whole of the topmount will spin, it's all connected - the nut and the black rubber bit

Erm no lol oops, take it I should jack it up then lol

I will give it a try then haha, Do you have to use the allen key or just a spanner will work?

chumpmobile
nonoono
leave it on the to undo them man!

6mm allen key in the top on the strut, 23mm spanner, one with the offset neck i think

Clio 172 Phase 1
nonoono
leave it on the to undo them man!

6mm allen key in the top on the strut, 23mm spanner, one with the offset neck i think

lol sorry mate I was at work I misread what you said, I have been doing it the right way then, just not budging, I'll go to a garage and hopefully they can shift it for me.

cheers chaps