ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mount re-assembly

Been a while since I took them apart and my pictures aren't all that clear... So is this how the first nut is supposed to sit? Then modified washer/spacer on top of that, then top 'hat' then 21mm nut. Please confirm if you know!
10003169413_5b5bd8d394_m.jpg
Camera Roll-232 by -Jon_KTM-
10003040704_941a4f9f3b_m.jpg
Camera Roll-231 by -Jon_KTM-

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Ive just put mine back on std shocks amd my top mounts had some slight play in them the gap wasnt as big as that though. There is a guy on here who sells a spacer to take that out but with the weight of the car on them there isnt any play at all.

koi

Audi S1
Got the new top mounts and spacer. Assume I don't need the original bolt and washer like yours?

2014-01-31183657.jpg

182 Cup
Going to replace my top mounts soon. I bought the spacer washer from Dan Mad to stop my current ones making a racket, does this mean I can skip buying the £8 per side spacer for the new style topmounts, or do I need them anyway?

koi I think if you have the modified nut/washer from Renault then you don't need the original nut and spacer
bright I didn't buy £8 spacers and used the M.A.D washer. Seems fine and they've been on for 3k miles and about 4 months+