ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top Mount Problem

Teg
I've just fitted new cup dampers, top mounts and cooksport springs to my 182. The problem is the new top mounts sit above the suspension turret whereas the old ones I removed fit perfectly.

This is what the new top mounts look like..
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

These are the top mounts I've bought with a new spacer http://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.uk/product/renault-clio-182-shock-absorber-top-mount-kit/

Anybody had this issue before, how can it be fixed?

Thanks

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
My top mounts don't sit flush and there's a gap between the body and top mount, quite common apparently. However, mine do sit level when when both wheels are staight.

182 ff
are your springs sat properly in the damper cup thing? is the picture with the wheels on the floor or jacked up? is the car level? mine was fitted with new dampers/springs and top mounts..have go and look see how mine sit//
mine sit level with a gap..

Last edited:
  Teg
Everything looks fine it's just the top mount sits high. You can see a faint white ring where the original ones used to sit. The car is on flat level ground with wheels pointing straight ahead.

It's just a bit concerning as it'll be getting a lot of use on track. Must be a pretty poor design if it's a fairly common issue. Wish I'd have just bought PMS top mounts now.