ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Top mount problem help.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Hi guys, just swapping my top mount over with this one

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/RENAULT-CLIO-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4151610bfe

now i know it says for kangoo van but fred said they are fine. The problem i have is when i put on the cambelt cover to tighten it all up it seems to be sitting to high, now iv compared it with the old one and the middle part of the mount seems to be taller than the old one (screw, rubber part)

Is this normal and the pressure of the engine will push it lower or will it not fit at all?

Help asap will be good thanks

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Anything??

Is it just a case of jack engine up till it is in line and touching the cambelt cover? Theres about a 1.5cm gap between the cambelt cover and rest of the engine.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
DONE, found out it was my old mount that was sitting way to low so all this time my engine had been very low in the engine bay thats why the parts were not lining up. No more vibration god its lovely.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Yer kangoo van mount from GSF car parts or on ebay £50. Fits perfect and no more vibration what so ever. My last mount i got from eurocarparts which is totally faulty.

R34 GT-R & 172 Cup
Ha didnt read the question, thought it said what mount i used. Yer as caister said exactly the same to the 172 mount just £50 cheaper.

Spoke to fred about it and he uses them as well.

172 Ph.1, 255 Ph.2
Hey guys,

i've just found this thread by searching for informations about standart top mounts.
Sorry for bumping it =)
Well,
after reading in this thread that the suspension top mounts from a kangoo can also be used for a 172Ph1 i stumbled across this
on ebay:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/2x-DOMLAGER-...672902654?pt=DE_Autoteile&hash=item4cfda411fe

I'm about to get a coilover fitted and these are half the price of the original Renault kit (which also contains the cup i think? Should i replace this?)
so my question...
Can i place an order without worrying that theres something missing or wont fit?
Are their any worries about aftermarket, not OEM top mounts?
As these are Febi Bilstein's i'm feeling quite well in buying them!?
What you guys are thinking?

Last edited: