ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Too hot to handle

A SHED!

My 16v does not have a heatsheild, and ive been wondering for ages whether they have one or not? instead mine came with material that looks like tin foil wrapped poorly round the exhaust manifold. As I have a hillpower induction kit I dont really want the engine bay fills with hot air.....any suggestions?

Williams 2, STi N12

The scoop on your bonnet channels air down to the manifold to keep it quite cool, the only way to ensure some decent cool air to your induction kit is either to put a big feed from your bumper or to get rid of it altogether and put your original air box back on.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

mine came with foil wrapping too, its whats left of the heatshield once the inside falls out. Get a new one to protect the brake lines and clutch cable. I think they are £25 +VAT

coolspot, i aint had a heat shield on mine for ages, which might explain my super heavy clutch. See that 25+vat price for a heatshield, is that from reno dealer or somewhere else as it sounds reasonable. Cheers

i had a super heavy clutch wnd it was a shagged clutch starting to weld its self dont mean too sound rude but if you havnt had a new one just be weary of it or it could be nothing just thought i would share my missfortune