ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomtom users please advise

182 Cup
Hi, bought a Tomtom for my Mum for Christmas and took her out the other day to show her how to use it as she's technologically challenged...

Couple of questions as I've not used one before:

Fistly, whilst driving it says 'keep right' an awful lot. This happens even when approaching a slip road on the left that it is soon going to instruct you to take! Is this common or is it just that it's happening on the test route we took? (It would explain why 90% of road users resolutely stick to the outside lane when the inside is clear).

Secondly, on the M25 where the variable speed limit is with all the overhead gantry cameras - the speed camera alert only went off a couple of times. I know there aren't cameras on every gantry, so have they actually taken the time to check which ones have them?

Many thanks,

dk

911 GTS Cab
the keep right is used when reaching a major junction on the motorway when one of the lanes is turning off so tells you to keep to the right, it works very well in my experience and doesn't ever tell me to do it when i shouldn't.

Which one is it you have, does it have the lane view when approaching a maor junction, i find that good too.

As for the speed cameras, yes, only the ones which have cameras alert you, i've been driving the m25 all this week with it going off and you can see the cameras on the ones it tells you. In my experience of that stretch of the M25 its best just to stick to the speed limit for the whole of it as its just not worth it.

have you connected it to the internet to check if its got the latest map, if not then you can download it for free in the first month i think it is.

57 Clio Campus Sport
How do you get lane view when approaching a junction? I don't have one of the new ones I have the 920 version of the last model.

dk

911 GTS Cab
How do you get lane view when approaching a junction? I don't have one of the new ones I have the 920 version of the last model.
was standard on my 930, not sure if you can update the 920 to get the same sorry.