ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tomtom Permanent Docking Kit

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Guys, its gadget time again... I've got myself a permanent dock kit for my Tomtom Go 700. Has anybody fitted one of these to their Clio? My only problem will be the number of other black boxes I've got stashed behind my Head unit!!! It was a bargain, £25 off Ebay - Supposed to be about £80 - 100 I believe!!!

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
Bargain!

I was tempted to get one when i did my TomTom Dash build...
I just cudnt have any more boxes behind my dash LoL

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
I am thinking about fixing the Tomtom down in the cup holders - The kit comes with an alternative mounting plate and if I can get that attached somewhere down there I think it will look quite good... I'm hopefully gonna sort this on Monday :) Will keep you posted

2007 MK5 VW Golf TDi
Have had the kit fitted - bit of a nightmare removing dash top e.t.c. Works well apart from the Tomtom doesn't switch between day/night mode with the lights - think the orange wire is not connected and there is a slight interference noise heard when Jane speaks - a bit annoying but I've read that this is a common fault with these kits! I have contacted Tomtom and am waiting for a response. Decided not to mount the unit in the cup holders as there was not alot of room!

Once I get these minor niggles sorted it should be fine - still a bargain, only £30 to fit :D