ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

172 Race Car
Psg could be the Eindhoven team in Superleague formula. (That stupid football team single seater series)

Wwhat about SPG, ladys first

]

Psg could be the Eindhoven team in Superleague formula. (That stupid football team single seater series)

Wwhat about SPG, ladys first

Now this has a ring to it...also reminds me of the furry creature in the youngones many years ago...that was SPG...

Vyvyan owns a Glaswegian hampster named Special Patrol Group ("SPG" for short) of whom he is very fond, although SPG is also frequently subjected to Vyvyan's extreme violence. This is usually provoked, such as when SPG bit Vyvyan and made him destroy his cardboard submarine in "Flood" or plugging in the TV after Vyvyan swallowed it in "Bomb".

Just Googled SPG racing and it's again all over the net....Doh...

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
Milftek racing
Sampete motorsport
Grimesport
Pst racing (pete sam toast)
Team G
Burnt Bread racing
Maillard Reaction (check wiki for that ;))
Melba motorsport

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Just realised from this latest conversation, I've never asked where ToastFrenzy comes from??? Might help with inspiration to know ;)

Chase Racing Clio
We had a few amusing names when we were discussing it. You could have the names across the doors so that amusing words are left when you open the door (like to top gear did).

My favs were: Mudflaps Motorsport or Gashouse Racing. Hehe.

top thread, just read it all, good luck this season :cool:

Thanks!! It'll be fun....

Milftek racing
Sampete motorsport
Grimesport
Pst racing (pete sam toast)
Team G
Burnt Bread racing
Maillard Reaction (check wiki for that ;))
Melba motorsport

Some good one's, though Melba Motorsport just brings visions of the Blue Oyster Bar......

Just realised from this latest conversation, I've never asked where ToastFrenzy comes from??? Might help with inspiration to know ;)

Not all that interesting really, living in deepest darkest Barnstaple when 18, sharing a house with work mates rather than waste money on food\billls (saving it all for the Thurs, fri, sat & Sunday nights out, it's really a crazy place) I used to eat copious amounts of toast...this continued (my love of hot buttered toast) until I had a change of life style and got a real job in 2000...and then got married in 2001....Sam's a dietician so my diet is now rather better. Toastfrenzy came from a massive toasting session on a Sunday morning whilst on a course in Cape Town early 1999 trying to thinking of a username that wasn't already out there on the internets. Another loaf was cut in celebration of such a unique name....

Team Go Smile

Good, but got that blue oyster feel to it...for me that is....

I did think about this the other day too, looking through I don't think I've seen it mentioned lol!

Ha...it's all above.....

Been to Weight Watchers and took the Cup too................it now weighs in at 938Kg (with a full tank). Can say I'm mildly happy at that... :D

Couldn't balance the front out that much, with me sitting in there's a 60KG difference between the front wheels. More weight being on the drivers side. Got the rears balanced out to within a kg of each other.

Lesson learnt, should have got it weighted first, before adding stuff back in, after stripping then I would've known where to put everything rather than just guessing.

Now running 3.5 -ve camber front, reduced the front tow out to 2mm (still better turn in but straight line speed should be better than before with 3.5-4mm). Front castor is 3.8 +ve. Rear camber is 2.5 -ve.

Just now about to finish of the front brake ducts...fit new front pads and clean all the cars.....:( don't like cleaning cars....

The Wheels Are Toast Motorsport. -bar its acronym this is great!

Good, but not sure any potential sponsors would see it in the same light...or have I missed something?

How about

ToastAttack .co.uk

ToastAttackRacing .co.uk (TAR .co.uk)

Will have to get all the suggestions in a list and go through them all one by one......this is harder than preparing the car....

About to go start cleaning cars now, started yesterday, bought £35 of cleaning stuff :cry: and finished the day with 8 sparkly wheels, 4 dry(A048's) and 4 inter\wets (R1R's got a good offer from tweeks so will give them a try)

Last edited:
  172 Race Car
a team name is not important tbh. you dont need one (I like ToastAttack tho)

Still want me to fit that thing tomorrow?

Spent a few hours finishing off the Cup,

2012-03-11-004.jpg

Finally it's ready for tomorrow....

2012-03-11-005.jpg

Though realised my nimbus heat shield hasn't arrived...due in Monday...too late....hmmmm

Also connected up the pull cables to the top of the fire extinguisher handle and not the bottom part, which then pulls the top down when activated, big doh....got two more pull handles on order now.

Ready for a 4am start driving tomorrow to Brands.......it'll be a good day all round......

172 Race Car
Pete/Sam, lovely to meet you both today, Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

As I said you have a great little fun car to go race in so dont do anymore to it just yet, just have fun.

I really enjoyed driving it (altho i could only just reach the pedals) Hope I was of some use

Oh and take off the number plates and fit some number roundels to the doors :race:

182cup & 172 racecar
Always a pleasure to meet you both, sorry I didn't get chance to pop out with you.

Car seemed to be going well, so don't fiddle too much now and just get it out there.:)

Pete/Sam, lovely to meet you both today, Hope you enjoyed yourselves.

As I said you have a great little fun car to go race in so dont do anymore to it just yet, just have fun.

I really enjoyed driving it (altho i could only just reach the pedals) Hope I was of some use

Oh and take off the number plates and fit some number roundels to the doors :race:

Good to finally meet you, a friendly "local" face for Sam to talk too!!..., Cheers for the track time Jay, came in handy and I do listen. Not touching\changing the car now until I take it to Scrutinising on the 14th April (CSCC frist race at Snetterton). If anything gets picked up I've 3 weeks to get thing changed.

Yes plates and stickers will be sorted in the next few weeks....

Always a pleasure to meet you both, sorry I didn't get chance to pop out with you.

Car seemed to be going well, so don't fiddle too much now and just get it out there.:)

Thanks Tony, after the work Dan completed the car pulls hard all the way to 7400, though set the shift lights to go mad at 7200. Takes another worry out of the equation, never took eyes of the track\mirrors once after the shift light was fitted.

I'll write up yesterday in a while....

LY R27
Hey Pete, had a little talk with you yesterday. It was me in the silver golf :eek:
Nice to meet ya! One day when i've finished studying and got myself together id love to do something like this!

Looks good of what I saw of it tbh mate! Work looks to a pretty high standard.

Next time I hope to see you on the circuit with my R27 :D

Brands Hatch 12-03-2012

After working on the car solidly, every weekend, since Jan 1st 2012 to bring it up to MSA specifications (hopefully) the time came to get the Cup on the trailer one last time....

The preparation for the Brands Hatch day took longer than usual as kit has been moved, not used, lost and generally messed about with over the last 5 months since the last track day in November 2011.

The trailer has had 4 new tyres (had a few punctures last year) and the best of the lot is now the spare, also noticed some loose bolts on the ramps. These after tightening sheared, when replacing realised that due to being loose allowed the ramps to flex. Some cracks have appeared in the metal from flexing and I’ll have to get those welded up soon. Replaced a front marker light and other than these issues the trailer seems to be all ok.

Began to give the Cup a final clean and once over, removed all the wheels, checked all nuts etc that I could see, gave the inside of the wheels a clean and put them back on, one of the rear hub nuts did tighten up a bit more, I have had the hubs off so knew to check those. All oils and fluids ok, went to start and put it on the trailer….

It wouldn’t start…..big WTF! It’d turn over 3-4 times then die…immobiliser. Stood there looking at it for a few min’s, cursing. A quick search on ClioSport for “reset immobiliser” this brought up the answer in the first post. Hold the button on the end of the wiper stalk whist turning the key….did this, dash gauges and lights went through a self-check and the Cup started on the next key turn. Great stuff.

Cup on the trailer and tied down, tools, spare wheels x 4, jerry cans of fuel it’s ready. We leave on the morning of the 12th at about 0430, thick fog so take it easy. Reach the Dartford crossing at around 0615-0630; decide to stop at the next services. Like a proper old married couple get the thermos and sandwiches out and eat a bit of breakfast. I gave the trailer a once over, straps all tight but a tyre looked down in pressure. Checked and it was at 10psi. Get the pump out with its long lead to the reach the Passat’s battery and pumped it up to 45psi. I’ll have to get the tyre of and the rims cleaned, slow puncture.

Reaching Brands, as never been before, we get totally lost inside the maze of gates etc ended up following another car across the track to the paddock area. Sam takes the Cup for a noise test, meet up with Burpspeed and go to the briefing. Then we get track side for sighting laps. I do the first 3 and Sam takes it for the next 3. Notice the difference in the cars acceleration…pulls from the start with no apparent loss or dip of power, brakes are warmed up and these are also loads better than last year.

I hop back into the driver’s seat, Sam in the pax seat, take it out for couple of warm up laps…..we both show a bit of concern at the drop from Paddock to Druids…gulp. Get to know the car, it’s performs a lot different than before, power is there the moment the accelerator is pressed and it’s all well useable. After warming up give it some stick….438 cams have totally changed the cars power delivery, it there at all times and it’s instant too. The upgrade from EBC Red stuff to Yellow stuff was a timely change up as the red’s would’ve melted for sure. Brake feel is totally different and they bite from the start, very good pedal feel and there was no concern that they weren’t capable pads.

After Sam takes the Cup out and gets to know the circuit and car, “it’s a bit different” we seek out the Burpspeed guys.

Bit of discussion later, mainly about Paddock…we try again….getting braver each time round Paddock, actually really liking Brands.

Jay offers to give me a few pointers on track, so after nearly cutting the grass (bit of lift of through Surtees) he gives me some excellent advice and track guidance and then shows me the lines driving me in the Cup. This improves things no end, I’ve got right foot hard down through Surtees now. I get Sam in the driving seat and give her the same pointers, track position as Jay gave me. She’s actually reaching 110-115 before Paddock, I did shout brake once as we pass the 150 mark…just in case she forgot…She’s getting more confident lap on lap, still a touch fast into Mclaren at times and not realising why the Cup won’t get into the inside….where as I’m maybe a touch too slow but get a better line and exit round the corner for the pit straight.

Sam has a bit of a sit down for an hour or so as the track is quite demanding and full on all the time, unlike Snetterton, Silverstone where you have ample time to prepare for most corners. Not sure if Brands was the right choice for a fist race, for Sam any way. May either let her sit it out and both do Silverstone at the end of May too. Wished we’d started at Snetterton now (both been there many times), remaining flexible and will see what pans out.

Met James, Lee (Lee PM me and I’ll send email for photos) and a few others, nice to meet you all. Though being busy didn’t really talk for too long.

Thanks again to Jay and Tony for the help you gave us.

All in all an excellent day, car was faultless throughout, apart from the temp\wheel checks didn’t have to change adjust anything.

Looking forward now to the 30[SUP]th[/SUP] March, track day at Snetterton along with our ARDS tests too.

Last edited by a moderator:
  172 Race Car
Nice write up mate, glad you were happy with the day in general. I wouldnt worry about doing Brands as a first race (I did after only doing my ARDS there) at least you know it now. But if your worried then Silverstone might feel more comfy as its so wide.

As I said its a great little car, i enjoyed my little drive in it.

Really good read Pete :) I didn't realise you had an immobiliser issue on the day that must of been panic stations! The car looked awesome in the flesh and really well presented :) It sounds like the 438's have worked really well. It was really good to meet both you and Sam and I hope you have a good day at Snetterton and the ARDS goes well!

He he...np..

Here's a few pic's taken by Matt...(I don't know him)

6835698932_8809e023bd_b.jpg

With a sinister looking someone riding shotgun......

6979904509_446b4b9577_b.jpg

6981822413_8e50a407ba_b.jpg

I'll tell you something, I bought those tyres (Yoko A048r's) March\April 2011 and they have now done 8 track days...the rears still have more than half the tread left and the fronts still have some of the wear bars showing....not sure if I'm shocked or surprised at the rate of (not) wear. All the wear is even too. Hopefully I'll manage to get the fronts worn enough so I'll want to change them after Snetterton 30th March....always carry two spare covers (same tyre) just in case....