ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toastfrenzy's Tin Top, some say...........

Looks great Pete, Almost, will be soon ;)

LOL....not long now....!

All ready for the off, or more fiddling to do ?

This coming weekend got the front tires to swap out for some nearly new ones and the rear tires just got to swap side to side (still got 3\4 tread on) spanner\fluid check and that's about it.. Pit stop change over practice too, seen some of the times from the Snetterton race 1min 40sec and the quickest was 43 secs. Must be entering to leaving the pits (I hope). Got a really good sequence and it's going smooth..to say the least. Like a well planned military operation but I expect in the heat of the moment........

Looks awesome as ever Pete. I've got it in my Diary to go home and do all my stickers Thursday night, I hate putting stickers on lol! See you in two weeks :D

Thanks James....stickers were easy, getting the bubbles out was the hardest part.....or have I missed something here?

:eek:

The white background for the numbers is that a sticker? I was just about to paint the background on.

I got Ady from N2grafix to sort...If you pm him now he has all the correct dimensions\MSA regs etc. White sticker background with black numbers. Think three came too £15 plus 2 P&P

Got our V2 open face helmets yesterday, ordered on Monday and they arrived Tuesday, good service. Came from Peterborough, could've saved postage and picked up if I'd known that. Anyway the helmets are really good, well made and a snug fit. For the money I'll be looking at their full face ones later in the season too. A motor sports product where I actually don't feel like I've been mugged after buying\paying.

Cracking cycle into work today, wind and rain excepted...good average speed and on my alloy 14kg bike with fat 40c tyres too

ScreenHunter_15Apr250836.gif

I've heard very good things about the V2's, I will let my friend know as he's looking for a helmet :)

Nice ride, you could use that as a data logger in the car ;) Is it a garmin?

182cup & 172 racecar
Got our V2 open face helmets yesterday, ordered on Monday and they arrived Tuesday, good service. Came from Peterborough, could've saved postage and picked up if I'd known that. Anyway the helmets are really good, well made and a snug fit. For the money I'll be looking at their full face ones later in the season too. A motor sports product where I actually don't feel like I've been mugged after buying\paying.

Pete don't forget you will need to get them authorized with a MSA sticker, think it costs about £10 each. They will do it on the day, but you will need to get it done before scrutineering.

Pete don't forget you will need to get them authorized with a MSA sticker, think it costs about £10 each. They will do it on the day, but you will need to get it done before scrutineering.

FFS! mugged again, no I didn't know. Knew that a blue sticker had to be applied but thought it came all part of scrutineering. Cheers for the heads up.

182cup & 172 racecar
Top end of the pits, past where you did your noise check at trackday. And we shall be located by the trees on the far right of the picture, not far from the scrutineering bay.

172 Race Car
Far end of the pitlane. Just follow everyone else. Lol

Think my helemt sticker cost me a £3 but was a while ago

Sports-tracker (.com) app on my Nokia N8.

However, looking for a cheap datalogger for the car, I know cheap n motorsports don't go together, forever hopefull though.
That's a really decent app, will show my mate who has just bought a garmin for his bike ;)

What are you wanting from the data logger? Video overlays or comparing laps and braking points etc? They aren't cheap but I do think they are really good. There are a few Racetechnology Data loggers on Pistonheads and motorsport ads the other day when I was looking :) I can show you all the software and data etc at Brands if you want to have a look to see how it all works!

Top end of the pits, past where you did your noise check at trackday. And we shall be located by the trees on the far right of the picture, not far from the scrutineering bay.

Yes, I remember where the noise test place was, which tree, a special one?

That's a really decent app, will show my mate who has just bought a garmin for his bike ;)

What are you wanting from the data logger? Video overlays or comparing laps and braking points etc? They aren't cheap but I do think they are really good. There are a few Racetechnology Data loggers on Pistonheads and motorsport ads the other day when I was looking :) I can show you all the software and data etc at Brands if you want to have a look to see how it all works!

Video overlays and data for comparisons lap to lap, braking application to onto throttle points etc etc. Looking at the AIM Solo DL, P n P with ODBII connectivity. Called the guy selling the race tech stuff (pistonheads) then found out Race tech do not support my stock ECU.

Talking of which I have the "normal" Clio stock ECU not the Marelli FR2000? Marelli is the cup racer ECU? Been asked a few times today. Searching Marelli on here brings up lots of cup racer stuff anyway.

Enjoyed reading this thread (again) ;)

Few questions regarding your build as I am going down the same route.

1) Is it regulated/rules as to where the fire extinguisher jets spray angles cover? Does the engine bay need them too?

2) How did you fill the holes in the floor panel where the rear seats anchors was (as you can see day light through some of them).

3) What seat frames are you using?

What was the problem with the tow eye?

CheeRS

Hi,

1) Is it regulated/rules as to where the fire extinguisher jets spray angles cover? Does the engine bay need them too?
yes, one jet has to be pointed at the drivers feet\ foot well area - this will attempt to stop any flames through the bulk head hampering the drivers egress and another one pointing at the fuel rail\inlet area. Only need two two nozzles for MSA regs.

2) How did you fill the holes in the floor panel where the rear seats anchors was (as you can see day light through some of them).
I haven't filled\covered any holes - it leaks like a sieve - lol...just about to put sealant around the holes I've drilled under the scuttle panel though.

3) What seat frames are you using?
Cobra X low bought from Tweeks

What was the problem with the tow eye?

The standard tow eye, eye's diameter is too small - if you use a fixed tow eye the eye needs to be at least 60mm diameter and painted a bright colour. TRS came in at £17 for two, 1 OMP 60mm toe eye was £15

CheeRS

Happy building!

Ref the holes, im sure they have to be plugged to meet regs? Are you using a fire retardant sealant?

Not sure re holes in floor panel, the bulk head has to be all sealed up...just happens I do have some silcoset 151 sealant, it's under the scuttle panel anyway, away from eyes so not visible and only one hole is leaking where the cable protector doesn't set flush\seal with the metal.

It's already been to the scrutineers and passed.

Not sure re holes in floor panel, the bulk head has to be all sealed up...just happens I do have some silcoset 151 sealant, it's under the scuttle panel anyway, away from eyes so not visible and only one hole is leaking where the cable protector doesn't set flush\seal with the metal.

It's already been to the scrutineers and passed.

Happy days. Look forward to reading more

In addition to what toastfrenzy said about this most (if not all) extinguishers come with fitting instructions and not sticking to these voids the homologation certificate of the kit.

Well.well..took eight wheels to get balanced, four covers to get swapped over and got told no charge when I asked how much....he is a friend, not a well known one though, but still nice result. I'll drop of a purple and brown to him on Monday any ways.

Tires and wheels all set for Brands.

Emailed book a track to see about a PM slot tomorrow at Rockingham in the rain, neither of us has ever driven on track in the wet or rain (always lucky that the sun shines on us), not wanting Brands to be the first time. They wanted £144 for 3 hours in the PM....bit steep I thought. Did ask for a lower price, think there is only about 10 cars on the whole day looking at their site.

Didn't actually know it's only 35 miles from my house.

Just got an email back from them too, Half days are always sold at 60% of the full day rate. It’s an open pit lane event and in theory you could get the same amount of track driving in a half day as you could in a full day if the car + driver could both take it.

Doubt I'll go for that sort of money...fit the go pro instead...

Rockingham, anticlockwise, not perfect really Pete.

I know, but the thought was more for rain\wet experience, not going now at £144.

I'm wanting to fit the Gopro mount to the central X of my cage, are you allowed to drill holes into a cage? Got a mount that I framed with metal an want to bolt that to the X as it as two infill triangles. Works a treat and cost naff all.

I do have some 1cm very large n thick tie wraps, thinking about it, that would save any drilling. Could gorilla those through holes in the mounts backing plate I made and around the X's infill triangles.

182cup & 172 racecar
You might be able to drill as it's not the main hoop,but if you can do it another way I would.

You could always read the Blue book, you might find it by the end of May.

GoPro home made mount failed...bit of vibration through the actual mount and the gopro clip...oh well fits my cycle helmet fine though. Saved £18 there at least. Off to dogcam.com to buy a small roll bar mount and gopro tripod adaptor....and it's now been raining for just over 24hrs here.... would've been good practise to get out on track this afternoon...

Sorry to hear about the failed Gopro mount Pete, I bet your glad you didn't go to Rockingham they didn't even get out on track they had to cancel it due to standing water apparently :(

Sorry to hear about the failed Gopro mount Pete, I bet your glad you didn't go to Rockingham they didn't even get out on track they had to cancel it due to standing water apparently :(

That's a bit of luck that Bookatrack wanted a bit too much for a pm slot (for me to pay any anyway), saved a lot of hassle. Wasn't Porkie going to this? Got to phone dogcam up today as they were showing no stock of the small rollbar mount yesterday...typical...a few other sites have them listed. Good that you've got Matt + TDF working on the car, see you Monday...sure I read that 19:30 on the Sunday was the earliest we could enter the paddock as another meeting is being held on the Sun...I'll have another read.

Just read..
Section 1. Admission to circuit.... underlined at the bottom...no admission to circuit before 19:30 on the Sunday.

The track day I met you there at, we got there at 6:30 and the gates were wide open...

Had another good result just now....money wise....

Just been working out the next race, Combe or Mallory...Combe is nearer Sam's folks in Cornwall so would give them an easy time to come see us (her) race. Working out the prices of a track day for testing, getting to know the circuit at Combe and Mallory...Combe with the travel etc was looking at £100 -120 (plus whole lot of traveling time) more than a track day at Mallory.

Anyway, the prices for Mallory didn't match up from trackdays\bookatrack to the ones on Javelin web site (running the 23 June track day). Rung Javelin up and got booked on for £139 inc 2nd driver, as I was going to book at the cheapest price on the web I saw. Nice...prices are being altered as I type, nice bloke who I spoke to too.

Got my Gopro rollcage mount ordered up, that should be here tomorrow.

Didn't get to practice driver change overs this weekend the weather was a bit wet to say the least. Going to try and fit some in this week.

That's a bit of luck that Bookatrack wanted a bit too much for a pm slot (for me to pay any anyway), saved a lot of hassle. Wasn't Porkie going to this? Got to phone dogcam up today as they were showing no stock of the small rollbar mount yesterday...typical...a few other sites have them listed. Good that you've got Matt + TDF working on the car, see you Monday...sure I read that 19:30 on the Sunday was the earliest we could enter the paddock as another meeting is being held on the Sun...I'll have another read.

Just read..
Section 1. Admission to circuit.... underlined at the bottom...no admission to circuit before 19:30 on the Sunday.

The track day I met you there at, we got there at 6:30 and the gates were wide open...
Yes I saw that it was cancelled and thought of you! Ohh I hope Lee wasn't going to that one! They are a really decent mount I couldn't believe how hard they hold the camera! Just seen your next post that your now sorted with it :)

Yes thanks it puts my mind at ease with them getting it sorted, I think we'd be okay from 5.30-6ish when the MG guys start leaving but I will go check into the hotel first and then head down around 7 I think. When are you heading down?

Good news about Mallory, I wanted to do Mallory as an extra race but I'm away on the dates for the race :(

182cup & 172 racecar
We are going to get to Brands at about 5ish Sun eve, should get in no problem then.

Mallory do test day's every Wed am, 20 min sessions.