ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Toad AI606 or Clifford Concept 500

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Which one would you Guys and Girls go for.. I am not paying for this the importer is... If I go for the Toad I can get the window locking facility as well... Any advice ?

I have a Clifford Concept 500 on my Williams and its a pain in the arse. I wouldnt recomend it.

Cheers

Dazz

172 Cup

Dazz,

What problems have you had. I am considering a Clifford, not a 500 though.

Griff

Clio V6 255

got my toad fitted in october, no problems, nice bit of kit. You get what you pay for. Its cheaper than the similar clifford version and works better as it doesnt have that dodgy sensor that clifford use. Toad still uses the tried and tested ultra-sonics.
My mate had a clifford, did nothing but false alarms. i havent had one with my toad.

Griff!!

My problem: Not allways arming and disarming when i want it to, going off when it feels like for no reason at all (ie in the middle of the night) and then taking ages to reset etc, when i spoke to a place the other day about it he said "oh yeh thats just a Clifford for you" and that was a dealer.

Cheers

Dazz

I hava a Concept 500 and have had only one problem due to a faulty bonnet switch. Once this was replaced no problems at all.

OK it is more expensive than the Toad but you get more features.

At the end of the day you pays your money and takes your choice. I have always gone the Clifford route and have enjoyed peace of mind through that choice.

silver valver/hybrid

i had a clifford concept 300 with remote engine start, and i went back 8 times with problems with it, and it still dosent work properly, i got so pissed off i told them to strip the lot out, and they told me it would cost me £125 to do that! I wrote to a complaints department but they just fobbed me off.