ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To much LOL for me LOL

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Fiesta ST2 MP215
Regardless of what we all say, someone will love it and pay that for it, so Deh Lulz are with the seller, but yes you can buy a near mint Willy for that dollor Leather or not they'd be easy enough to get hold of from fleabay or west drayton salvage ( car gold mine by the way )

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Phase 2
ive been after a valver for ages now. just none about. i remeber a good 8 years ago could get valvers and 19 16V well cheap and there was loads. devood they all been smashed up

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Regardless of what we all say, someone will love it and pay that for it, so Deh Lulz are with the seller, but yes you can buy a near mint Willy for that dollor Leather or not they'd be easy enough to get hold of from fleabay or west drayton salvage ( car gold mine by the way )

I very much doubt anyone will pay that tbh. Probably be for sale for a very very long time. Its about 2-3 times its realistic value I reckon.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Inferno 182 & Saxo
That'll be on there a while, valvers are awesome but not 4 grands worth of awesome

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  172 Ph2
as in a 16 valve. Bit of a stupid term really as even 8 valve engines still have valves, and everything is 16 valve these

Yeah, thats why it confused me... I was thinking it might be some term to a VVT system or something but no, it's just that it has valves.

That's more lol than the actual advert.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Yeah, thats why it confused me... I was thinking it might be some term to a VVT system or something but no, it's just that it has valves.

Was common place 20 years ago when I was first driving, with the astra GTE for example me and all my mates used to refer to the 16 valve variant as a "valver", but clios seems to be the only owners who havent yet realised the whole world is now multivalve and thats its now a totally ambiguous phrase.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Phase 2
Was common place 20 years ago when I was first driving, with the astra GTE for example me and all my mates used to refer to the 16 valve variant as a "valver", but clios seems to be the only owners who havent yet realised the whole world is now multivalve and thats its now a totally ambiguous phrase.

The 2.0litre Astra GTE 16v was a beast. I remeber them being rapid. Or maybe it's cause I was younger. Who nos. loved the digital dash

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Inferno 182 & Saxo

I remember people to call the old metro gtis "valvers", I guess it was because 16v engines were highly prized back in the day over the usual 8v offerings across manufacturers

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The 2.0litre Astra GTE 16v was a beast. I remeber them being rapid. Or maybe it's cause I was younger. Who nos. loved the digital dash

They had epic power to weight for the point in time (probably the quickest non turbo 2.0 of that era and in fact still on the pace today even) and also a slightly dodgy chassis handling wise, so they really were a handful!

I used to love the few of them that I had, but just like the mk1 clio they rot for fun.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1

More specifically its that it has mutlivalves (as in more than one valve per cylinder per function)
all 4 stroke car engines had valves, but at that point in time very few were mutlivalve.

Trader Rating - 100%
9   0   0
  Punto/Clio GTT
my cousin still has a mk2 astra gte, 2.0 16v.

bodykitted up though, nothing embarrassingly silly. testarossa style sideskirts smoothed into quarters, morettes, splitter smoothed into front bumper and same for rear bumper. rapido. ripped the welds from the bulkhead a couple of times though

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  Clio 172 Phase 2
They had epic power to weight for the point in time (probably the quickest non turbo 2.0 of that era and in fact still on the pace today even) and also a slightly dodgy chassis handling wise, so they really were a handful!

I used to love the few of them that I had, but just like the mk1 clio they rot for fun.

What other old school quick cars u had ?

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
my cousin still has a mk2 astra gte, 2.0 16v.

bodykitted up though, nothing embarrassingly silly. testarossa style sideskirts smoothed into quarters, morettes, splitter smoothed into front bumper and same for rear bumper. rapido. ripped the welds from the bulkhead a couple of times though

Yeah the bulkhead failing was pretty common. On converted novas even more so.

Trader Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I had an RS500, my mate crashed it, so we built the yellow "replica" using all the parts from the 500.

A bit like building a trophy from a normal 172, the shell is the same but the value will never be there just because the logbook doesnt match, so mine doesnt have the value of a 500 now.

This is what it is made from:

Crashed RS500 (the really keen among you will notice its a non rs500 rear spoiler though as that was stolen and a previous owner replaced with the lower model one)
100_0055.jpg

+ 1.6 sierra bodyshell
100_0050.jpg

Its running about 350bhp or so I would think as I maxed out the T34.48 when mapping it, but havent had it on a rolling road to check (I road mapped it) plus 125bhp of nitrous.

DSC00002.jpg