ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To Hell and Back! **Old School**

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
Looking back at Subways post i thought i would share my first clio experience. I was 18 at the time back in 2005 when i bought a 12,000, 52 plate Clio Cup! I was over the moon! Like a fake kid in a chocolate shop!

I remember the first time i nailed the throttle! It scared the s**t out of me LOL! An hour after i collected it, i took it to show my mates as you do... Little did i know this was the beginning of a very stressful relationship!

I went to take my mates out and the car wouldn't start! The AA come out after 2 hours and jump started it...

For some reason this is the only picture i took when i got it lol

picture00028.jpg

Only a week later i started to change bits with the help of Pete! It started of with a subtle drop with the Apex springs

DSCF1068.jpg

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0880.jpg

I wont go on and on about every time it broke! But let me sum it up for you. The first three months of ownership... It was in the garage for 8 weeks in total. It just would not start every now and then. They tried to replace the alarm, ignition barrel, starter motor the lot. But nope, still refused to start! This was on going for 7 months and Renault refused to take the car back. At least 4 days a month in was in the garage...

During this period i had to change a few things on the car to stop me from wanting to burn it!

I bought a few goodies for the engine bay...

DSCF1184.jpg

DSCF1180.jpg

I changed the routing of the intake.

It started of as red

picture00158.jpg

picture00161.jpg

But i changed it to black because it was a little OTT

DSCF1581.jpg

This worked so well it would suck anything up!

DSCF1914.jpg

I was still having problems with my car so i sent in the big gun's. AKA my dad LOL! In the end they agreed the replace the whole wiring loom FOC. Problem solved!!

To celebrate i then treated the old girl! I bought Dansta's old Super Sprint of him and ordered myself a lovely set of coilovers...

DSCF1309.jpg

I had the exhaust fitted first

DSCF1289.jpg

Followed by the coilovers

DSCF1341.jpg

DSCF1331.jpg

DSCF1346.jpg

But after taking it for its first drive they settled a little to much!

picture00186.jpg

picture091.jpg

picture089.jpg

The height was reset and all was good! Now i was getting into the detailing scene and bough myself a PC! I spent two days on her and she was looking good once again!

DSCF1385.jpg

DSCF1379.jpg

DSCF1390.jpg

By now it was approaching FCS 2006 and the car was finally looking good and dare i say it... In it's prime!

DSCF1078.jpg

DSCF1483.jpg

DSCF1487.jpg

0338.jpg

DSCF1518.jpg

FCS was a good laugh and my first real Meet. Everybody knew the car and it's problems so made the car welcome...

DSCF1502.jpg

DSCF1493.jpg

DSCF1505.jpg

After FCS the car ran faultless! Until two months down the line when we needed another stop at Renault, this time for a snapped tension

DSCF1260.jpg

DSCF1268.jpg

Then we had a little issue with the brakes

DSCF1899.jpg

And the splitter

DSCF1910.jpg

DSCF1907.jpg

I wanted to do something every cup owner should imo! So i went down to my local body shop

DSCF1601.jpg

DSCF1606.jpg

Again, it needed another detail. I spent days on it to get it perfect!

DSCF1409.jpg

DSCF2055.jpg

DSCF2046.jpg

Looking so good me and my mate hit the road for a lovely summers drive! It was a fantastic day and the car was awesome... But yet again, the day went wrong!

I was going through a village following a tractor. We was only doing 20 mph max. When a lump of mud fell of the back. Being a narrow street with cars either side i had to go over it...

Turns out it was a rock just covered in mud! Resulting in a nice whole in my sump!

DSCF1774.jpg

DSCF1756.jpg

DSCF1759.jpg

DSCF1766.jpg

By now i had had enough! I eventually sold all of the parts and got the car back to standard. The sump was replaced thanks to Mike and PGTI bought the car...

Here were the last pictures i took of her :(

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2104.jpg

As you could see above, the love was gone....

I described it as an Alfa relationship. Crap, but when everything worked for that one day here and there. It was so so so much fun!

Last edited by a moderator:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Stunner! Looks awesome on coilovers!

Always have/still do fancy a cup

Did you strip it her?

M

mini-valver

Love the Supersprint system. Minter, shame it was a dog, lol!

Renaultsport Clio 182
why is the writing in a colour that no fooker can see. it's a right pain having to highlight all the text!!

looked mint though

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
It was a Minter in it's Prime and Laqcuered Sidestrips is a must for any Cup owner IMO

Renaultsport 200
Using white text was a bit of a strange one.

Nice car, shame it was always broken.

Seems like it was like Triggers Broom. "4 new heads and 5 new handles"

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI
my bad! Sorry about the text. If this forum didnt crash all the time I wouldnt have had that problem wink wink

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
lol! I mind the endless posts "It's broke AGAIN" lol

Was lovely tho, alot nicer than that ph1 you've got now.