ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

to cam or not to cam? yes that question again.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
as title suggests ^ I've seen one or two posts on this via google but haven't really got any clear answer on the cam upgrade (threads just seem to go off topic). All I want to know is - is the camshaft upgrade available on k-tecracing here actually worth the money? I'm in a one off position where I could do this but unless its a great choice I'll go with something else and save myself the money. Anyone got this upgrade or know what sort of realistic gains you can get? Or is it just a lot of money for a near un-noticable performance upgrade.

Thoughts?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Not worth it unless you are having the cambelt changed anyway IMO.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
doesnt that package include a new cambelt for an extra £72?

''The fully fitted price includes a new cambelt only, it is possible to upgrade to a new cambelt and tesnioner kit for an additional £72.00 including VAT.''

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
I mean, if you are due a cambelt change it is probably worth it, if you are not dont waste your money.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
car just passed 71k and I don't believe its been done. Got no history of it being changed in all the history i've got for the car... Does it make the car any less drive-able with different cams? :S

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Depends what you go for tbh, and i wouldn't buy them from Ktec though.

Go to BTM, 519 or MWM if you want this sort of service. They will do a much better job and will probably be cheaper too.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
any of these places you mentioned have websites?

edit: nvm, found 2 of the 3. Will give them a bell tomoz. cheers bud!

clio 182 sport
i would get them done then as you have no history of the belt being done, i did and it made a massive difference in the way the car drives and i would also recommend K-tec!! great blokes there IMO.

L-Y Clio 197 F1
whats wrong with the k-tec maps? and would i even notice the difference if i got it done? I want it to be a fairly noticeable difference in the cars feel to justify spending the cash

182FF
I would highly recommend Dan at 519 top bloke and top service!! Had mine done (belts/cams) on tues and it's like a different car now!