ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

To buy or not Iphone 3gs 16gb

Honda civic ep2 05
Hello basically my phone kickedthe bucket today and have been considering buying an iphone for some time. I have never had a contract and usually only top up £15 a month on 02 unlimited.

So i am considering buying the Iphone in the next few hours the 3gs black 16gb on pay as you go for £440.40
If i leave it to the new year will have to pay more vat and to be honest i dont think the phone price is going to budge.

Am i mad or should i just do it?
Thanks

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If you get an 18 month contract now then when it expires the new one will be coming out :)

Honda civic ep2 05
Ok well just back from the o2 shop :D had a good play with it and after a chat with one of the girls and her not budging on the 440.40 price nor allowing me to trade in against it or use my o2 rewards i told her i didnt want it. She then tried to convince me to use my student loan to buy it then called me stinchy cause i asked her how much a new battery was for my current phone. Turns out the dont sell batteries. The also said would prob be new iphone in august and that there are no planned sale reductions of the current but it may drop around march-april time.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
^^^

She doesn't know when it will come down in price, if at all. People in phone shops get to know nothing except what is on the intranet and in the industry magazines, which is all about future products and quarterly release dates so they never find out about actual release dates/price reductions. Thats how it worked when i used to sell phones.

She wont be too bothered about selling the phone to you either, commission on PAYG is low compared to contract, for example i used to get 1% on PAYG (£5 on a high end £500 phone) but if you sold a contract you could get as much as £25, although closer to £10 was normal.