ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

titanium v's pc......

Titanium 182 full fa
ok guys, im looking at purchasing a pc from autopia, ive read loadsa threads on here and detailworld concerning these but im still unsure which pads and polish to buy with it...maybe 4"pads? DAS kit?

anybody any ideas for me?
currently use
AG SRP
AG EGP
P21s or ocw depending how quick i wanna wax my car..

just feel the need for some extra cutting and some friends want there cars done to...so Rich, Brazo give me some help...and all the cars i wanna do are no darker than a BMW blue X5...

Cheers all

Andy

Last edited:
  106 GTi
I went for both the DAS and SFX kits.

The DAS are better suited to good shape paint, for more agressive work the SFX pads seem to do better.

Whichever you go for I would suggest at least 2 of each pad.

2 Light Cut
2 Polishing
2 Finishing

A 4 inch pad set IMO is a must for clio owners the only way to allow you to do the tail gates, lower doors, front and rear bumpers etc.

Polishes wise I prefer the Poorboys SSR range, others go for the Meguiars 80 series route.

I tend to mix and match both, using either Poorboys SSR 2.5 or 2 and Megs #80 Speed Glaze on most details. Worth getting a good finishing polish/glaze as well. Clearkote Vannilla Mose Hand Glaze or Red Machine Glaze both work superbly with the PC.

After the paint correction with the above you can go straight to P21s or OCW, or use the AG Twins first.

I did a Black R32 golf on Sunday and went straight from SSR 2.5 to OCW. Loads of options.

Titanium 182 full fa
Thanx Rich, wheres the best place to get poorboys and red machine glaze from?

Anything else you would recomend with my order from autopia?

Titanium 182 full fa
excellent, thanx for your help...been cleaning for years but never got a pc so im gonna bite the bullet and get one....

which order would you apply?

Soz for bein so thick......

106 GTi
It took me years to go for a PC, the Black car did it to me!

SSR 2.5 or 2 on the Light Cut Pad
#80 Speed Glaze on the Polishing Pad
VM or RMG on a Finishing Pad
P21s by Hand.

or

SSR 2.5 or 2 on the Light Cut Pad
#80 Speed Glaze on the Polishing Pad
AGR SRP by Polishing or Finishing Pad
EGP by Hand
Topped after 24 hours with P21s.

On Silver probably the latter.

fUbAr said:
Ady did my Titanium 172 a few weeks back... looked stunning.

dunno what he used though... lol

Started by claying the whole car to remove the cr*p, then started by using Megs speed glaze to remove swirlage (not many anyway cos dan looks after his car :p) with Sonus DAS green pad, then Nxt tech wax with blue DAS pad, then pinnacle souveran by hand to finish.

I think ;)

Titanium 182 full fa
brazo said:
I'm doing a titanium 182 tomoz if you can wait I'll let you know what I used!!
yeh that would be cool brazo, ordered the pc yesterday with thanks to 182_blue on detailing world with 8 6" pads and 8 4"pads, and some buffing loths Rich recomended, so just need product now.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Titanium 182 full fa
could you let me no what other products u us as i havent a clue when it comes to the pc, i am fine buy hand but pc is gonna be completely new to me, have had some excellent info from Rich and i can us some of the stuff i have already, but always looking at trying new products.

and my missus wishes i never bought this car and joined this and detailingworld forums...also my wallet doesnt really approve but what the hell...