ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tips of the experts?

Yozza'd Titanium 182
Ive got my springs now 35mm drop. I do know how to relace them pretty much me and a few mates are going to do it, any tips to watch out for...

Any mistakesanyones made that they can point out?

Thanks
James

2 litre twin turbo estate
yea spring clamps in the wrong hands are lethal we put a window out in my younger 'stupider' days

Yozza'd Titanium 182
lol, when we lowerd my previous car it shot out the spring into cliochris1's face. We learnt the hard way on that one!

ValverInBits
did this a couple of days ago. It's very straight foreward. You may want to invest in a 21mm deep offset ring spanner to get the top mount bolt off. It sometimes can be done with a socket but it's a bit of a b*****d when the shock twists with it. Feels like something is going to break!
Deep offset spanners look like this
Bihexagon-Ring-Spanner-Deep-Offset.jpg

Spring clamps are a def pointer to watch out for ?

When compressing the springlways do it away from me and never work above it with top of shocker pointing to my face incase the spring clamps let it go :(