ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tiny rust particles, Fallout remover?

535d / t5 caravelle
After some advice please for my mk7 transit van, it’s got quite a few very small rust particles forming scattered down the sides of the van, it’s a white van, so these show up, they are not to bad at the minute, I’d like to stop these in there tracks if possible, so it doesn’t turn into another rust bucket transit ( inevitable I know ) I just don’t want it looking bad, as it’s a decent van tbh.

Been thinking it’s doomed, but After a bit of reading up this morning I believe an iron/fallout remover might just be what I need? If so then what do I do to stop them coming back? Polish it and wax it? Touch it up with some paint? Or am I pissing against the wind? I’ll get some pics up later on.

I realise once it starts to rust it’s fucked! The arches have started, ive got some stone guard spray paint to cover this, it will at least look better than the rust. I just want to keep it looking presentable.

Cheers

535d / t5 caravelle
yeah i know its doomed eventually, but id like to make it last and keep it presentable for as long as possible, these rust particles where not there last year.

will get pics up when it stops pissing it down.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Fallout remover will clean the rust stain off temporary. Rust never sleeps though so it will need some proper work at some point

535d / t5 caravelle
Kurust then paint if you want to kill it for a while.

You can't polish rust [emoji23]
just googled that stuff and read some reviews, going to order some, looks like its what i need, especially on the arches, some of the narks are worse than i thought.

apparently yoy can't polish a turd, but ive seen some good efforts [emoji23]
Fallout remover will clean the rust stain off temporary. Rust never sleeps though so it will need some proper work at some point
also going to order some of this, some of the marks are tiny, so i guess i can use this on them, and maybe keep ontop of any new ones with it.
Stickers.

Cliosport stickers.
if all else fails.......THIS.[emoji23]

535d / t5 caravelle
some shitty pics to give an idea
c505ef5c550cc73d5896bc741de00ae4.jpg
fc21c810cf5fd682437d2dce49f7e633.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
even the tiny ones, theres smaller ones than pictured

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
What i would do.

T cut most or all of the rust.
Get white touch in or tip ex (if on a budget)
Touch the chips in.
Or if rich buy some rust preventive stuff and continue from.....Get white touch in

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Them spots are nothing really, i was expecting big rust bubbles. Your best off using fallout remover, clay then polish & finish with a good quality wax, keep on top of it and probably last quite a bit longer.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
T cut would work but its a shite product really, never been a fan of it.

My Kangoo got covered in iron rust spots for whatever reason and a one hit of fallout remover/power wash took it off in about 15 mins, compared to hours of arm ache taking it off. My rear hub left a rust stain on my 2118’s last winter, quick blast of fallout remover and rinse off and gone.

535d / t5 caravelle
I ordered a touch up pen earlier on, and ive just ordered the bilt hamber korrosel, to try on the tiny blemishes that are just starting, next thing is orderkng kurust, then i should have all angles covered.

went with bilt hamber afyer your recommendation and ive also just used there snow foam and wheel cleaner, and where blown away by both of them, so no doubt this will be good stuff!

no excuse for driving around in a dirty car now!

cheers

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Isn’t that just fallout from brakes etc that’s stuck to the paint surface? I’m not following the doom and gloom scenario of a rust bucket here. The van itself isn’t rusting, it’s the fallout that’s stuck to it.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Nick some tippex from the office, slather it all over the rusty bits. Job done.

#Detailingworld

535d / t5 caravelle
Isn’t that just fallout from brakes etc that’s stuck to the paint surface? I’m not following the doom and gloom scenario of a rust bucket here. The van itself isn’t rusting, it’s the fallout that’s stuck to it.
yeah looms like your right, bilt hamber korrosol landed this morning, had a spare 20 minutes so thought id try it, WOW!

sprayed it on, left 5 minutes power washed it off, f**k me its good stuff. van looks 100 times better than it did. wish id taken some photos of the arches and sills, as i actually thought they where rusting quite badly, not any more, there not perfect, but there white now. and good enough for me to treat with some kurust and then slap some stone chip paint over.

got a few more pics of the little rust marks on the van, will get some after pics.
Nick some tippex from the office, slather it all over the rusty bits. Job done.

#Detailingworld
no access to tippex, gonna try colgate!

3rd bilt hamber product I've tried thats been s**t hot.
b9defd7b361899fb32dd77dd9e2dfb78.jpg
cc1983cb54b03884a85c32dcbbed2616.jpg
5a607779ec8036d38734a072e854571c.jpg
df2d85c79b6394e177e7c1a87713e4b1.jpg
0f29c809e1fe6276b8ca393a686888d4.jpg
709201e6bd7716392f4f6427e93d7444.jpg

535d / t5 caravelle
after pics, will give them another go tomorrow and agitate it a bit, should come up better
8b3ec365a93000893506f49bfed3360f.jpg
98740ec42ab8d31e8a11cb7f40da1ae1.jpg
82b5e92a14bc920d44a194216fdfe27b.jpg
bda668baef9b247387c4e77a2fd1dab5.jpg

andybond

ClioSport Club Member
Try it on rust and see what happens, rust stains rinse off. It does not cure it however but can sort out very minor spots like this. Bilt Hamber Korrosol is awesome stuff

Best stuff on the market. Smashes through rust / grime / fallout

Smells like horse wee though