ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tints Light, medium, Full?

clio 182
If anyone here lives in West Yorkshire there's a great deal happening on tinted windows £125 for the lot and they come with lifetime guarantee. The place is on Armley road next to the Esso petrol station.
I own a black 182 and was wondering about level of tint to go for. Any opinions?

BMW 323i Coupe
I had medium on mine and it was naughty Blue.

Stood out nicely, and looked darker than they actually were.

dsc00618j.jpg

BG 182 FF
Not a big fan of tints, but I think light tint all round (except windscreen of course) will look ok.

The only thing that puts me off aftermarket tints is the whitish looking line where the black matrix is around the rear windows. I think it because the tint can't stick to it. Looks pants imho. Stick to a light tint so its less obvious.

Clio 182
I bought my Clio with tints on but everything else standard so didn't think much of it. There abit too dark and the fronts look illegal but the dealer at the garage said they are legal... I took that with a pinch of salt, just playing the waiting game until I get pulled over by the plod now.

27014_373708060128_684115128_5340572_3459290_n.jpg

Personally I wouldn't have tinted them but doesn't bother me having them on, the fronts arn't as dark as they look in the picture.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
If anyone here lives in West Yorkshire there's a great deal happening on tinted windows £125 for the lot and they come with lifetime guarantee. The place is on Armley road next to the Esso petrol station.
I own a black 182 and was wondering about level of tint to go for. Any opinions?

Is that that tintx you see everywhere?

Personally dont like them, ripped mine out when i got it!

clio 182
They're called urban summat. Not sure exaclty. Think i'll go for light tints after all then. Dark tints remind me of an old white Nova saloon my matehad when he was 17. He painted the rear windows black so they looked tinted haha!! looked good to us at the time.. twas a bit of a fcuker to drive tho ;)

BG 182 FF
They're called urban summat. Not sure exaclty. Think i'll go for light tints after all then. Dark tints remind me of an old white Nova saloon my matehad when he was 17. He painted the rear windows black so they looked tinted haha!! looked good to us at the time.. twas a bit of a fcuker to drive tho ;)

:lolup: Nice one - was you in the boot of the nova thumping the boot lid pretending to be a sub woofer!

What colour's your 182? Post some pics once the tints are on.

MK3

Dynamiqueee
The only thing that puts me off aftermarket tints is the whitish looking line where the black matrix is around the rear windows. I think it because the tint can't stick to it. Looks pants imho. Stick to a light tint so its less obvious.

Had mine done in a medium tint all round. Didn't look too bad imo, but that horrible white dotted line drove me crazy, so took them out soon after!

Clio dynamique 1.6 16v
Used to want mine tinted on my black dynamique at first but then again I used to want lexarse lights and other cringe worthy items but that was before I knew anything about cars and had just started learning and especially since joining here left the idea of tinting behind, standard and not boy racer-y is the way forward! :)

I thought of having mine done. Was thinking of leaving rear as it is, for good visibilty, and having the sides done in a very light shade. Legally you can do what you want with your rear and side rear windows (no different to driving a van), windscreen you can't touch (although there must some limit on how deep a sunstrip can be), but side fronts were always a grey area. I don't think they are any more - as has been said, I don't think you can touch them, or the level of light transmittance becomes too low. And I wouldn't want side windows a different shade front and rear. BTW does the film get scratched on windows that can be wound up and down (i.e. by a rubber seal or something?)

clio 182
Full tints do look chavved up to the max BRAPP!!!
Which is why I thought light ones wouldn't be too bad. What's this (white ish line) that's been mentioned :S , Anyone got any pics?

Clio 1.6 16v Dynamique +
I had mine done not so long ago on a Black Clio, went for a gradient dark on the back, medium on the rear quater windows and light on the front.

It look good i think, can post pics if you want just let me know

Josh