ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tim's Trophy - #455

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Just caught up to date with your thread. Really is a cracking car.

I know what you mean about us south central lot cravingmore power!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
the rear boot lining looks awesome, how have you attached it to the floor?

The boot carpet isn't stuck down at all, it's only secured under the brackets for the harnesses and by being a good fit. It's worth investing the time to make good templates so that you do get a snug fit.

Just caught up to date with your thread. Really is a cracking car.

I know what you mean about us south central lot cravingmore power!

Cheers Paul, nice of you to say mate.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Love what you've done with your T, if I can get mine anything like ill be made up.. Top work..

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
A couple of small upgrades to #455 were added this weekend, courtesy of Budgie/Failsport.

First up, a pair of Xenon headlights, something I've wanted for some time now but I've only just got round to sourcing some. I don't anticipate needing to use them for a while yet but I'm pleased they're on board.

Secondly, a Whiteline rear anti-roll bar. I picked it up in the group buy a few months back and it's just been sat in the out-house gathering dust but now it's on I'm really looking forward to taking the T out onto some familiar roads and getting used to the change in character it brings. If it suits my driving style then it'll stay, if not, it'll be moved on. Given all the positive reviews this mod gets I'm really hoping it's something that I enjoy.

Big thanks to Budgie for taking time out on a searingly hot day.

Another update coming next weekend, one which I'm really looking forward to!

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately I don't have any decent photos yet because I've only just picked up the car this morning, but yesterday #455 spent the day with Detail My Car. It was treated to a full enhancement detail and sealed with CarPro CQuartz Finest then Reload on top. I'm so impressed with the results, the finish is absolutely stunning! Here's a couple I took briefly:

IMG_0455_zps4a248c10.jpg

IMG_0457_zps205909e2.jpg

Hopefully the sun will put in an appearance today so I can get some better photos later or tomorrow, failing that I'll take some at French Car Show on Saturday.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Love it, Tim. I can appreciate that it looks even more stunning in the metal. I was blown away when I had a similar detail carried out by a local friend of mine (James at Ti22). I look forward to seeing it on Saturday. :D

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
That looks lovely. I wish mine was that clean :dapprove:
Cheers Jamie.

Looks stunning mate :)
Thanks Chip, I appreciate it's not a power or handling mod but it definitely feels faster now! ;)

Shed! ;)

Looks epic mate, we need that pool night in the diary when i'm back from Hol :)
Ha ha, cheers Oli. I'll sort another pool catch-up for later in the summer, watch this space.

Love it, Tim. I can appreciate that it looks even more stunning in the metal. I was blown away when I had a similar detail carried out by a local friend of mine (James at Ti22). I look forward to seeing it on Saturday. :D
With my limited photography skills and basic equipment (iPhone) it's really hard to capture just how impressive the finish is, seeing it in the metal is the only way! Look forward to catching up with you on Saturday, Andy.

Looking good mate! How much was the Detail?
I'll discuss it with you at FCS, Paul, I hope you can still make it? If not, let me know if you want me to try & move your ticket on.

A few pictures taken just now:

IMG_0473_zpsc6e50ebb.jpg

IMG_0465_zpsc5de1d9f.jpg

IMG_0470_zps13a5493c.jpg

Still running standard engine mounts with RS2? Any troubles?

Also, how do oil changes work with the manifold there?

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
That's how I do it, just budge the loom out of the way. I believe some people remove the lower panel and go from underneath

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Jon.

Nick works from a business premises in Newbury and occasionally remotely. Give me a shout if you want any more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
A few more updates were added to #455 recently, courtesy of Mike Woodford @ S&MWM - thanks, as always.

A couple of months ago I picked up a new set of wheels and although it took me quite a few hours and a lot of effort to hand-polish off the printed blue logos I eventually succeeded. I also bought a set of brand new Yoko AD08Rs in 195/50/15 from the K-Tec stand at French Car Show, so they were fitted to the wheels, which were then treated to a ridiculous number of coats of Poorboys sealant.

I bought some 20mm H&R bolt-to-hub hubcentric spacers for the front, and after a bit of a saga I ended up with some flat 5mm spacers for the rear.

Pure Motorsport supplied the stud & nut kit to hold it all together, and the existing Eibach Sportlines were swapped out for some Cooksport springs. I figured with the switch down to 15" wheels I'd try and get a little more of a drop to help with aesthetics. At the end of the day if the Cooksports don't offer enough in terms of handling then I'll switch back to the Eibachs, or maybe try a combination of the two springs first, who knows.

Here are a few quick pictures taken this afternoon. I've got red graphics to go on the wheels, which I'll do after I've given the whole car a proper clean, then I'll get some better pics up. After that I'll take it out for a good run on my favourite local circular route and see how it all performs as a package - I can't wait to see how the wider track, sticky rubber and springs all come together.

No doubt the looks will divide opinion but it's something I've been wanting to try for a while...

IMG_0737_zpsa30df692.jpg

IMG_0738_zps83417165.jpg

IMG_0733_zpsb95632cc.jpg

Comments & criticism is welcomed in equal measure, but if it's not constructive then GFY! ;) As for future plans - suggestions are also welcome!

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Like it, like it, like it - alot.

wheels look great on it and drop looks good now so give it time to settle and perfect.

Looks great, interested to hear how you find the handing compared to the eibachs

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
That's how I do it, just budge the loom out of the way. I believe some people remove the lower panel and go from underneath

I find the easiest way is to remove the front bumper and reach in. Had to butcher the filter removing tool as well

null_zps1c77ef9e.jpg

GTD, Lupo
Looking spot on mate! Remove the markings from the tyre walls!

Good is to see you (mike) got it all sorted after the issues you had!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not usually a fan of white wheels on red cars... but those work nicely. :) The only thing I don't like is the size of them; I much prefer 16" for some reason. Mind you, that's purely a personal opinion and my good lady regularly comments how that one inch can make quite a difference. :eek:

I'll be interested in hearing your opinions on the Cooksports once you've had some time to play on them. It's a route I'm considering.

Tim.

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks all for the positive comments, you're all much kinder than my OH - "Are your wheels supposed to look like that? Cos they look shít, you're such a chav!".

Remove the markings from the tyre walls!
Sir, yes sir!

Did you get your money back for the spacers?
Discussions are ongoing...

The only thing I don't like is the size of them; I much prefer 16" for some reason.
I share your sentiment, Andy, I much prefer 16s too, and I was worried the 2118s would look completely bereft in the arches, but it's not half as bad as I'd feared. That said, I'm currently trying to talk myself out of buying a set of 16" Turinis and having them refurbed in white.

I'll be interested in hearing your opinions on the Cooksports once you've had some time to play on them. It's a route I'm considering.
Interested to hear how you find the handing compared to the eibachs.
I went out for a really good run yesterday evening, and although the light was fading I still managed to push-on. Hopefully I'll get my initital thoughts down later, when I've got a bit more time, then in a month or so I'll give another critique.