ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing tools

Clio 1.6L 16V
Hi I was hoping if anyone can give me the measures of the timing tools that are use to change the cam belt of the 1.6l 16V engine, because in my country nobody sells that tools, I was looking for the measures so I can fabricate the tools by myself.

If anyone that have the tools can help me, I would appreciate, I'm from Venezuela and right know my car is in bad shape, cheers.

Lionel Richie
pull the cam plugs out and measure the size of the slot in the end of the cams

easy enough to make

the crank locking pin is 8mm

Clio 1.6L 16V
Thanks fred, I already have the measure of the tool that is use to lock the cams because I did it like you say it before.

The only one that I need right know is the crank locking pin, I need the length, the diameter and the measure to srew the locking pin to the engine, thanks fred for your help.

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
You can also pay the "moderate" dealer fee and let them do it right, cheap b*****d...lol

There is a decent garage in Altamira that I believe has the tools and won't rape you without lube...

I can give Victor in AutoReal a call and ask for the service...just hit me on msn or something....