ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing Tool question

Clio 1.6L 16V
what's the thickness of the timing tool that is used to lock the camshafts?, I need this information because I'm going to build this tool and the only measure that I don't know is the thickness, thanks for your help.

Just remove the end caps and measure i cannot remember from the to of me head you'll need to remove the covers anyway.

PS I'd recomend buying the tools

Clio 1.6L 16V
I cn't buy the tools I'm from venezuela hehe, yeah dude but if I remove the end caps after that I have to put a new ones and I only want to put new ones if I already change the cam belt and to do the cambelt change I need that tool hehe, so I'm asking for that measure, cheers.

clio cup172
I didnt use a tool to line the slots on the cam up! just made sure they were lined up and double checked the didnt move when the crank bolt was taken out!!