ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing out?

Hi guys,
Basically i had an rr yesterday and my car never produced the bhp i was kinda expecting, paul as rstuning said 172 normally pull about 160bhp, mine pulled 161bhp and thats with matched inlets and jms induction setup, i had my timing belt done just before xmas from my local renault dealership, not long after they fitted it when accelerating there is a whining sound but it doesnt whine on idle, do you think the timing could be possibly out or the belt to tight what could be restricting performance?

Thanks in advance guys

Its probs just me to be honest but its just that i thought alone the jms induction setup gives 10bhp and matched inlets another 5bhp maybe? so should i have been making about 170ish with these mods

Fiesta ST-3
Well when u change plugs filters oil etc it's all good for the engine so may help your bhp increase a tad for sure if it's down in the first place.

lift number 1 @ btm
has the car been mapped to take advantage of the inlets and induction setup? if not that could easily be the answer.