ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing kit

Clio 182
Bought my 182 for a good price in decent condition. I am going to fully.service.the engine although cannot bring myself to pay the prices being asked to change the belts. If I were to do it myself would it be advisable only doing the belts and tensioner. My dephaser is fine and water ump could be done at any point? Cheers in advance

Clio RS 172 2002
The correct locking tools are required for a belt change on the F4R. Get it wrong and valves bend.

I believe the cam belt need to be removed to change the water pump.

Clio 182
Worst part of the belt change looks like the access. Timing tool can be bought for not too much cash. I was quoted 750 quid??. Just would like to know if anyone else chose only to do the belts and pulleys.

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
Do the dephaser whilst doing the belts, you would be mad not to. Water pump can be done separately as it runs on the aux belt however its cheap so would do it in one hit. Also renew the aux kit if it has aircon and check the crank pulley as mine was shot.

dan's cast offs.
Just would like to know if anyone else chose only to do the belts and pulleys.

plenty of people do, plenty don't even have belts changed and are fine. i've seen them screw up within literally 50 miles of having belts done professionally. the wife's 172 has done 100,000 miles since i changed it's belt and is still fine so it's your choice on what you change. it reads as you want to spend as little as possible but waiting for someone to say it's ok to do so ?