ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing belt tool kit

yes. u also need a tool for taking the tension off the aux belt, and the tool for locking the top pulleys, renault tool mot 1509

Clio Sport 182
wont the top kit do the pulleys ? it looks as it has 2 pegs to push into the pulleys or is there a tool to hold the pulleys whilst undoing them ??

the pin lcoks the crank, the flat bar holds the cams in the tdc position. mot 1509 is used to lock the top pulleys so they can be slackened off. Your supposed to slacken the top pulleys, tension cambelt, turn the cambelt over to distribute the tension. then tighten bottom pulley on and tighten top pulley. some people probably dont bother but then you risk the timing moving slightly

Lionel Richie
this is everything
DSC_0251.jpg

ValverInBits
they are mega mega expensive from renault. By the time you have forked £150 for the belt kit and then £200-£250 ish for the locking tools (i remember reading on here somewhere) You may as well pay the £450 odd for a garage to do it.

Plus I took a look at it with the mount and the cover off and decided someone else could bleed while changing that belt thanks.
:) I know, I know....I'm a pussy

BMW M135i
Yes thats the aux belt tensioner tool. That lot will set you back about 60 sheets for both, do a search on the part numbers you'll find a few places sell them on the net.