ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Timing belt snapped!

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
My aunt owns a 1997 1.4 clio RL Auto and the timing belt just snapped causing the engine to be completely wrecked, 6 of the 8 valves are knackered and the pistons are damaged. We got the car for £300 two months ago and it is in really really good condition with lots of money spent on it by the previous owner so we dont know weather to repair it or accept £50 for it and let it go for parts!

Any ideas?

Cheers

Stewart

vers le haut doigt milieu
Scrap yard in london buy at £90 per ton but u may not get that much in NI.

It just seems a waste of a really good wee car that had so much replaced for its MOT a few months back, there is literally no other problem at all with it!

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Let it go mate...

Timing belt went on my 172 and it cost £1700 to get a new engine..

its gona b a total of £250 to fix, its 50/50 as to what we can do, she needs a car for a another few months untill she moves back home but we dont want the hastle of her having to buy a nu 1 but we dont want to spend loads on a car that isnt worth it

Not really worth it, but I suppose it depends if you can get a car as good for £250.

well we could get a Ka and use the broken clio as a trade in! Personally tho the general opinion in the house is that the Ka will be useless so the mighty little clio will live on to see another day!

ITB'd MK1
you can get £150 for a cat from the right scrappy and £150 for the rest of the car quite easily. just weigh it in and start again