ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing belt price difference

RS 182 CUP
why is it £200 quid cheaper to get the belts done on a non ac model? what can justify the price difference?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Can also do a Cup belt change on the floor without lifting the vehicle or removing the front bumper... As above, less labour and parts.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Then it wasn't done to the correct parts replacement program - that's the only way. I do the A/C'd F4R's for £450 (less dephaser) and non A/C'd F4R's for £280 so I bet he did timing belt kit and *maybe* a new aux-belt. No oil seals, re-sealing of the carriers, aux-kit, etc. If he did then please give me his number cos i'm gonna throw a lot of work his way.

Ph2 Flamer
Price difference is why I had the aircon delete kit from JMS yesterday, to reduce servicing costs in the future. Plus it removes 16kg of weight from the car, tension on the belt, rotating mass
so you get a slightly more responsive car. Getting the ac delete is only marginally more expensive than an aux belt change so unless you are wedded to your a/c I'd reccomend it. And as everyone has said above the extra cost is down to the extra labour on non cup models to remove the a/c to get at the belt to change it.