ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

timing belt change

clio sport cup 172
having my timing belt & auxillary belt changed in the next two weeks,have been told the water pump on the clio sport tends to go,when fitting new belt, what is the score on that. do i need to change that at the same time as the belt? cheers

clio sport cup 172
got a mate doing mine really cheap,just as well get a water pump all done en, renault dealer to expensive.

2003 MR2 Roadster
Just out of interest whats the milage of your car?..Also has the Aux belt ever been changed?

Reason I ask is that my service is next month (31k miles) and someone told me to get the Aux belt changed.

Cheers matey

clio sport cup 172
the mileage is 55.000 should have had the auxillary belt done on the 36,000 mile service but the renault dealer seems to have forgotten, thats why i want em both done asap, would have yours done,if it snaps can cause a lot of damage. ok my friend.

having my timing belt & auxillary belt changed in the next two weeks,have been told the water pump on the clio sport tends to go,when fitting new belt, what is the score on that. do i need to change that at the same time as the belt? cheers
Pump don't go when fitting new belts for £40 or so though is it worth the risk its one of those things you'll never know if you were right to save the money if it fails.

One thing to say is renault don't say it needs chnaging .
Just out of interest whats the milage of your car?..Also has the Aux belt ever been changed?

Reason I ask is that my service is next month (31k miles) and someone told me to get the Aux belt changed.

Cheers matey

Aucx belt should be changed at 36k.

Iceberg 172
I asked RSTuning about this when mine went in for both belts yesterday (35k but nearly 5yrs) and they said not to bother with the water pump if it's not a problem now....... so I didn't.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo
ive always just felt the pump with the belt off. if no signs of a leak and the bearings dont feel rough there is no need to change it really.