ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Time for a new rig!

Tesla MP3 2021
3DMark 06 for fun

3dmark-1.jpg

We should have a benchmarking thread/area tbh :)

My machine scored 20118 in '06 with the old SLI cards.

I don't expect to get much higher with the 295, as '06 is notoriously CPU bound. Can't be arsed getting into Bench Wars just now. We all know that (for now) Adam's machine is the 'winner'. What matters is that high end PCs are simply f**king epic for playing games on :approve:

Tesla MP3 2021
My machine scored 20118 in '06 with the old SLI cards.

I don't expect to get much higher with the 295, as '06 is notoriously CPU bound. Can't be arsed getting into Bench Wars just now. We all know that (for now) Adam's machine is the 'winner'. What matters is that high end PCs are simply f**king epic for playing games on :approve:

Oh Roy, dont be so bitter lol :rasp:. Benches are just abit of fun. Yes mine may well be getting better results but I would expect that but soon it wont lol.

Here are a few more.

HDTune (come on Mike ;))

HD.jpg

Super PI 1MB

PI.jpg

Better than yours. C*nt.
High4x.jpg

Low0x.jpg

As per Darren's first request for the benches.

VeryHigh2xHiRes.jpg

As per Roy's bench.

MaxSettings.jpg

Like f'uck an 8800GT is able to run at max settings at that res and be 'playable' by any reasonable means.

HDTune-Run1.jpg

HDTune. Win.

Better than yours. C*nt.
That run on HDTune is the first run. Give me a few minutes to get it going properly as my array is still verifying. Lol.

Oh Roy, dont be so bitter lol :rasp:. Benches are just abit of fun. Yes mine may well be getting better results but I would expect that but soon it wont lol.

No no. You misunderstand, fella. Far, far from bitter. I'm merely saying that of course your machine is immense. It's good to see the scores it can produce. What I'm saying is that, when the benching is over, collectively, it's awesome to own such machines for the reason we built them - games. It's almost like a special geeky club. You only 'get it' if you're willing to spend insane sums of cash monies. Although I don't know why we bother, since you can build a Crysis slaying leviathan for £500.

Tesla MP3 2021
No no. You misunderstand, fella. Far, far from bitter. I'm merely saying that of course your machine is immense. It's good to see the scores it can produce. What I'm saying is that, when the benching is over, collectively, it's awesome to own such machines for the reason we built them - games. It's almost like a special geeky club. You only 'get it' if you're willing to spend insane sums of cash monies.

Haha Roy, I'm only playing!! :p. I totally agree with ya. Playing games on these type of machines is immense :evil:

Well worth the £££

Last edited:
Meh. Must resist i7. Not worth it. Not worth it. Must resist. 5-7fps for another thousand pounds? Where do I sign up? :D

Better than yours. C*nt.
I'll have to come back to you on the results of the boot disk performance. It's not a happy chappy so I'll leave it to complete it's verify so it can re-enable the caches.

Coming up tomorrow - an unfair performance test based on a HP MSA2324. And a blade with 2 X5460s (or X5470s, I can never remember) running SuperPI.

Not bad scores there Michael. We all know how hard Crysis owns hardware. Even now ~2 years on. Based on your bench scores, I imagine you average around 30fps in game at the same settings? High twenties?

Forget about the magical £500 PC. No mattter what the guy says (and I have no reason to dislike him) he's either bulls**tting/mistaken, or his idea of not very smooth is when it dips below 10fps. Fact. You can't cheat science.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Aye, it's not too shabby for a 2-year-old card full of water. Quite pleased with the old girl.

The drives on the other hand, they should be capable of saturating the bus. 15kRPM 146GB SAS drives aren't supposed to be that slow.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Bizarre how the old bird benches better with High detail and 4xAA than she does with Low detail and 0xAA.

Yeah strange. Can't even peg that to CPU or GPU bound?

I remember watching FRAPS in a fixed FarCry 2 scene. The fps was the same at 1024x768, as it was at 1920x1200, and piling in 8xAA had no impact either. In that scene, the fps was strictly CPU limited. Of course you have to trun off vsync to test these things at high frames but, there it was. Going from 1024x768 up to 1920x1200 with 8xAA returned an identical framerate. A sure sign that the 295 is CPU limited (in that game). A sure inidcator not to get two unless you're going to be running 2560x1600!

Better than yours. C*nt.
I don't think it's CPU limiting - as far as I can tell the CPU isn't getting past about 60% load. Maybe it's an issue with the multithreading?

Yeah. I was more saying that the 295 is so powerful that having two is almost pointless unless you have 2x i7 Extremes to provide them with the numbers.

Better than yours. C*nt.
Doesn't appear that they do SLI on the 5000-series chipset...

Should I admit that I've looked into that? *blush*

Better than yours. C*nt.
Just heading out the door, but a quick run on HDTune now the system's settled and caches are on.

Average transfer rate of 140MB/sec, max transfer rate of 200MB/sec. Access time of 6ms.

Very pleased with that, and looking forward to being toppled!