ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Tidied up 182 engine bay

Jaguar S Type R
Done some tidying up of the engine in the last few days

The plastic engine cover was always looking ripe for injecting a personal touch but really wanted to do something with the inlets - really disliked the factory finish

Took a lot of work with sandpaper, wet and dry and metal polish to get any kind of shine on them but very happy with the end result
Before
before.jpg

After
01 16 15_3949_s.jpg

01 16 15_3947_s.jpg

Jaguar S Type R
Cheers, did have more than a few moments of regret on the inlets but once started you have no choice but to plough on

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
looks good. Did you just sand and polish the inlets? No paint?
also, change the expansion tank and get some type d coolant to finish the job off :)

Jaguar S Type R
looks good. Did you just sand and polish the inlets? No paint?
also, change the expansion tank and get some type d coolant to finish the job off :smile:

No paint on the inlets at all, all de-burring and lots of polishing, not perfect but looks 100 times better than factory

Expansion tank is on the Feb to-do list

Last edited:

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
No paint on the inlets at all, all de-burring and lots of polishing, not perfect but looks 100 times better than factory

Expansion tank is on the Feb to-do list

I'm going to have a go at mine this year. Don't know if I'm going to polish the inlets or cheat and send it off to be powdercoated.
get the expansion tank off ebay or eurocarparts but make sure its the right one.
genuine one from Renault is expensive and lets be honest, its a plastic bottle.