ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle sensor or pedal?

My engine managment light has come on. Got the codes read by my local garage not reno.

so it threw up the code throttle sensor/pedal sensor permanat fault. Now the car runs fine but the engine management light is peeing me off. he says he isnt sure of which fault it is. I told him the pedal had been done in the last 5k but reading on here the pedal fault is common.

So do you think its the throttle sensor or the pedal sensor.

In between cars....
Car had a new throttle body (as i changed this before realising the pedal was a duffer) and a new pedal unit buddy, think i gave you the receipt for the pedal, if you find it try firing back to renault for a replacement

cool thanks Chris. weirldy now the engine managment light has turned off. WTH? cheers anyways if the light come back on then il know what to do.

In between cars....
Probably reset itself, take it the guy who stuck it on the diagnostic cleared the fault code?

How you liking it these days?

tbh i dont know why you sold it. Im loving it. I dont even drive it hard really, usually 3k but sometime when the engine is proper warm i take it to 7k and damn i still think its silly fast.

He said it couldnt be cleared as it was permanent, and it came on after i picked it up from him. Oh well its working fine again so im happy as pie

In between cars....
Fancied a change, didnt really live up to what i was expecting tbh

Hows that 3rd gear synchro these days?