ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Problems

TT 225
Throttle seems to be either sticking open (I haven't got much knowledge about engines etc) or something is causing my throttle to stick at any position really 2k, 3k etc only does it every so often and I just want to get it sorted now. At first I though it may have been the battery (which I have just replaced) that was causing an electrical fault or something but now I know it's not. Anybody shed any light on the matter?

Thanks

Mk5 golf gti
clean out the throttle body mate in the middle of the air intake and the intake manifold

wd40 and an old rag will do the trick

MK1 monster
Unsure if it's a mechanical or electronically operated throttle housing. My mechanical housing (phase 1) did exactly the same. Removed the throttle housing and found that the butterfly would very slightly foul the side of the intake. Removed throttle potentiometer to find a C type clip holding the throttle linkage in place. I replaced the clip that retains the linkage and it's never played up since.