ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Position

MY04 Scooby STi
I have a problem with my 182. Recently on cold mornings the start up has been juddery and I have had to blip the throttle to get the car idling nicely.
I got my mate who is an AA patrolman to wire his laptop to my car and check for faults. Initially we thought that there was a misfire in cylinder 4. But then we looked at the readings and saw the throttle was almost permanantly dipped iff only slightly. This is causing the car to overfuel at idle and also lack of power at very low revs. I had wondered why the car had got so thirsty recently but had put that down to my right foot and a few long journeys recently.

Has anyone else had this and how easy will it be to remedy? I am gonna book the car into renault on monday and give them the report that my mate gave me and see what they say.

I'm not sure what your problem is they all idle terriable when cold due to emmisions mapping.

If the throttle connection was wrong them the engine idles at 1.3k so you'd notice that.

check the wiring to the coolant sensor, these can stretch and give break giving the ecu incorrect information which in turn will give out the wrong fuel delivary.