ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Cable Slack!

Ph-Quick
Went to start the car earlier and it just wouldnt!

It turns over but the throttle cable is slack, its still intact as the pedal goes down when you pull it in the engine bay!

But it doesnt seem to do anything!

Any odeas peeps?

ValverInBits
erm. The throttle cable and starting will be seperate issues. the tick over position of the throttle body has nothing to do with the cable.
Sounds to me like you possibly need to replace that cable. The non starter is a different problem, best get it plugged in to renault

Ph-Quick
The thing with my car though is im running omex and i always have to give it abit of gas to get it going, but as the cable doesnt seem to be doing anything the car wont start.

But then i tried starting it and manually pulling the whatever it is at teh end of the cable and still nothing happened, if anyone gets what i mean!

ValverInBits
At the end of the throttle cable is the throttle body. Inside that is a butterfly valve. It doesent need to be opened any further than it's rest position to start the car.

as you say, your running omex and you need to give it some throttle to start.....i'd say your omex isnt set up right. I'm no expert on omex but who the fook set that up?? doesent sound ideal?

Ph-Quick
Im waiting to go back to GDi for the idle control valve fitting to sort all teh cold start problems out, thats a whole other problem and one im not geting into as it just turns into a slanging match!

I just cant work out why the cable is slack but still intact if you get me!

ITB'd Ph1 172
there is usually some slack in the cable...

check the cable end at the pedal... it should have an adjustable grub screw or a plastic end... (basically check the cable is still attached both ends.

is the cable still attached at the throttle body end?

its possible the cable has snapped?

Ph-Quick
Got the car running now, although it still dont feel quite right, il give andy a ring in the morning :)

Is it possible that the cable would need greasing up at all? Or would the cable become to tight for any reason, as for it to work normally ive move the clips on the grooved bit by the throttle body right to the back as if i had them in the middle where they were before it would un clip as soon as i put any pressure on the pedal!