ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle body problem???

Hi guys,

I have a problem,my car always idled around 800-900rpm

In a moment of madness i decided to spray the throttle body with carb cleaner and wipe out the oily residue,looks much better.

My problem now is once i drive the car even a few metres and then pull up at junction/lights whatever,the revs fluctuate between 1200 and 1800rpm.
Dab the pedal and it drops back to 800-900rpm most of the time.

It's driving me nuts when i sit in traffic.

Solutions?????

PS: It's been doing this for about a week now

Remove the throttle body and clean it properly. Then wd40 the shaft so it opens and closes freely. Then re fit

Clio 172 Ph1
I had that same problem, removed it and cleaned it a couple of times didn't solve it, so I ended up unscrewing the butterfly and flipped it in the slot. It worked for me and stopped that sticking feel that makes you need to blip the throttle. Mine was worn and when I flipped it I could actually get a better seal=less airflow when in the closed position. After fitting all I had to do was adjust the allen screw that limits the minimum position.