ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies or Supercharger

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
It is a tiny bit weird to most people.... but if you have own or have access to lots of cars then you just start judging them on what makes you smile rather than what badge is on the bonnet or what they cost. My Little sister who drives my old Boxster everyday and drives any of my cars whenever she wants including the 911 and Ferrari, LOVES my Clio.... REALLY loves it and says it best car I own! she loves tracking it and has driven it to and around the Nurburgring! Its a HERO car. Its like Herbie ;)

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Good point Chip! need to drive a normal cup back to back with mine!

Normally loads at a Trackday. Shouldnt be a problem to get a drive of one :)

Sooooooooooo excited about my little clio. Even more so now seeing the spunky engine pics!

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?621546-Shiney-F4R-bottom-end-bits-FAO-Porkie

Have forwarded you some costs, projected and actual.

Already the wrong side of 6K, despite most of the labour being free, and me doing stuff like sourcing valves direct from the states to save 35% off what Ktec sell, getting a great deal on the flywheel (was originally bought by someone else then they changed their mind and they lost money on it when they sold it on unused) Favourable price on headwork from Neil cause he owed steve a favour, and Mike using his Teir 5 discount on all the renault bits and getting trade on cams etc, shows how expensive it is to do it when you go for a thorough build, and you already had the bodies and ECU and gripper diff!

Joe public would be looking at bill towards 12K all in for an engine and box to the same standard starting with a standard car (ie not having the bits you already did) I reckon inlcuding labour.

430,911,M3,Exige,Wes
Have forwarded you some costs, projected and actual.

Already the wrong side of 6K, despite most of the labour being free, and me doing stuff like sourcing valves direct from the states to save 35% off what Ktec sell, getting a great deal on the flywheel (was originally bought by someone else then they changed their mind and they lost money on it when they sold it on unused) Favourable price on headwork from Neil cause he owed steve a favour, and Mike using his Teir 5 discount on all the renault bits and getting trade on cams etc, shows how expensive it is to do it when you go for a thorough build, and you already had the bodies and ECU and gripper diff!

Joe public would be looking at bill towards 12K all in for an engine and box to the same standard starting with a standard car (ie not having the bits you already did) I reckon inlcuding labour.

MASSSSIVE thanks!!!! HUGE thanks for all the time, effort and favours pulled in from everyone involved!!!!!

Its still ALOT of money on a £1500 car... but I do love the little car so so so so so so so much!

Cant wait to use it!!!!!! Herbie rides again!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It is a tiny bit weird to most people.... but if you have own or have access to lots of cars then you just start judging them on what makes you smile rather than what badge is on the bonnet or what they cost.

Having driven the Clio quite a few times now (along with most other things you own), I can totally see the appeal.
Its an absolutely epic little car and best of all no one expects it really, lol

Even standard though they are great, but yours is obviously on a different level, Mark really has made it dance around a track!

It is a tiny bit weird to most people.... but if you have own or have access to lots of cars then you just start judging them on what makes you smile rather than what badge is on the bonnet or what they cost. My Little sister who drives my old Boxster everyday and drives any of my cars whenever she wants including the 911 and Ferrari, LOVES my Clio.... REALLY loves it and says it best car I own! she loves tracking it and has driven it to and around the Nurburgring! Its a HERO car. Its like Herbie ;)

I don't think it's weird at all. 95% of my customers and me included are exactly the same with them. They are just brilliant, brilliant fun!