ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Throttle Bodies ECU question (again)

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah yeah yeah, it's been asked before I'm sure but now I've bought (or am at least in the process of buying) some AT Power bodies I need to know what's out there.

My wish list as such is;

I'd like to be able to have the ECU installed and mapped for under £1000

I'd like to be able to revert back to the standard ECU easy enough if/when the time comes

Id like not to do any of it myself as I struggle to wire a plug

Any recommendations?

I looked at the gen90 that ktec do but there seems to be talk of the Ecu been locked etc etc which puts me off slightly.

Theres the omex 600 but that looks complicated.

172, Tiguan
For ease of fitment and reverting back to standard there's no doubt the gen90 would suit you best.

there is a price to pay though.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
It wasnt a hidden message, he means literally a price to pay as in its pretty expensive, and if you want to be able to take it to a mapper of your choice you have to buy a dongle to let them map it with.

On the plus side, they hold their value well.

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Adaptronic for £1100 fitted and mapped at EFI Parts. Chris can wire it so you can revert back to the standard ECU if required. He was going to do this for me before I sold the ITBs.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
It wasnt a hidden message, he means literally a price to pay as in its pretty expensive, and if you want to be able to take it to a mapper of your choice you have to buy a dongle to let them map it with.

On the plus side, they hold their value well.

Oh no, I agree totally.

So if I buy the ktec ecu, I tell them what mods I've got and they stick a base map on? But if I want to get it properly mapped I've got to buy some extra shizzle? Is that right?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oh no, I agree totally.

So if I buy the ktec ecu, I tell them what mods I've got and they stick a base map on? But if I want to get it properly mapped I've got to buy some extra shizzle? Is that right?

Yes, but its not IF you want to get it mapped properly, if you arent going to do that then you may as well just save money next time you change your oil and put water in instead, cause either way your engine is going to be screwed, a base map is to get a car up and running well enough to take for mapping, its not to use the car hard with.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes, but its not IF you want to get it mapped properly, if you arent going to do that then you may as well just save money next time you change your oil and put water in instead, cause either way your engine is going to be screwed, a base map is to get a car up and running well enough to take for mapping, its not to use the car hard with.

With you. So the only way you can map the ecu without the dongle is to make the 300 mile trip to Dorset?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
With you. So the only way you can map the ecu without the dongle is to make the 300 mile trip to Dorset?

Yes, assuming you are happy with the map that you will get there, which based on the ones I have seen, I woudlnt be personally, but maybe Ive just been unlucky and only seen their bad work not their good.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
Yes, assuming you are happy with the map that you will get there, which based on the ones I have seen, I woudlnt be personally, but maybe Ive just been unlucky and only seen their bad work not their good.

Too far for me to travel anyway - would either use rs tuning or the guy you recommended.

172, Tiguan
Keep telling yourself its worth it!

If you can find someone to map it (lol!) I've got a weber alpha ecu and loom in my garage you could have for £150!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Paul at rs tuning seems like a good bet if you do go that way. Or will pedley who is up your way too.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I've emailed scoff through here and his website so will see what the cost is. As long as it can be reverted back to the standard ecu (mapped for the cams) fairly easily I'll be happy.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
The gen90 base map I got was fine bit to rich that's about it , great ecu but its not cheap even more so when u buy the tuner pro software too
pretty much what a startup map needs to be really. Don't know where people shape their ideas of what is good and bad, I've seen some absolute tripe come from non official gen90 mappers, flashing different firmware to hack round security and losing half the functionality, cold start that you have to rev the car manually for 10 minutes before it will idle, light throttle so bad its a struggle to drive onto the rollers.....and this is people being recommended in this thread!!

pretty much what a startup map needs to be really. Don't know where people shape their ideas of what is good and bad, I've seen some absolute tripe come from non official gen90 mappers, flashing different firmware to hack round security and losing half the functionality, cold start that you have to rev the car manually for 10 minutes before it will idle, light throttle so bad its a struggle to drive onto the rollers.....and this is people being recommended in this thread!!

That's what I was thinking for a out of the box map it was bang on , one thing I can't find in the tuner pro software is the Vvt settings were could I find this man ?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I think what I'm reading into this is the all mappers seem to have bad days?

The flow on the AT Power throttles at any given throttle angle is quite different to the ones Ktec supply, so a map for their bodies will be a long way out on the AT Power ones.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
Its marked as vvc and vetec. Think I use a slightly different software to what you have though

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
The flow on the AT Power throttles at any given throttle angle is quite different to the ones Ktec supply, so a map for their bodies will be a long way out on the AT Power ones.

I assume from your experience Chip, that the AT Power bodies are pretty decent to have?
​its the AT Power bodies Rainbird kept mentioning to me when I bought the Trophy.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I assume from your experience Chip, that the AT Power bodies are pretty decent to have?
​its the AT Power bodies Rainbird kept mentioning to me when I bought the Trophy.

I view them as inferior to the Jenveys, but they are still better than the standard inlet by a margin.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
The gen90 with the software is £1202 delivered but then will have to be mapped. I better start saving if I'm going down that route!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Clarkey, why not sell him the complete package then?

Seems silly him buying bodies off me and an ecu off you etc if you have the lot for sale?