ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on these(bodies/bike carbs content)

Ph1 172
6c1aff21f5269623611d202fbf0e013f.jpg

Planning on upgrading the ph1 what do folks think?

Clio 200
Done properly and bike bodies are very good, quality of manufacture etc is typically high and they stay in balance well. However.... It's crucial to have them hard mounted to a manifold and not via silicone. Otherwise the balance will drift without question.

Suggest researching on Sandy Brown's bike bodies setups he does for the TU and XU engines. Sandy for a long time was using Keihin bike bodies over Jenveys even on money no object race builds.

Ph1 172
These are from danst engineering, whats everyones thought on an ecu, my first thought is megasquirt........

Done properly and bike bodies are very good, quality of manufacture etc is typically high and they stay in balance well. However.... It's crucial to have them hard mounted to a manifold and not via silicone. Otherwise the balance will drift without question.

Suggest researching on Sandy Brown's bike bodies setups he does for the TU and XU engines. Sandy for a long time was using Keihin bike bodies over Jenveys even on money no object race builds.
I dont disagree they can be done right but the extra effort isnt straight forward.
As for megasquirt , a huge world of pain

It really is shocking and as it can potentially distroy an engine i wouldnt go near

Then again i have maybe seen more try with it having been involved with westfields for over 10 years

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Megasquirts can work well but you can't give them lip service. You need lots of time and patience. The money you can save by going down that route is replaced by the time needed to get it right. Just depends which is more important to you.

Ph1 172
Cool, so what ecu would everyone recommend and I take it everyone is swayed more towards jenvey bodies over the bike carbs above

Personally used dta , mbe and emerald ecu's , always stuck to jenvey bodies on all the engines i have used them on