ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts on these alloys...

Remembered I've got these alloys in the garage, so decided I'd photoshop them onto a 182 to see what it looked like :

Clio Alloy Change.jpg

Slight issue is that I'll need spacers as they haven't got much offset (ET49 I think), and also the bore will need enlarging slightly - But I suppose I guess it a way to have something a bit different?

Other option is to just go for Turinis, which I think look fantastic - unfortunately everyone thinks the same and has them haha

IMG_6366.JPG

Obviously the Turini's will look better with centre caps, so possible not the best photo...

Just thought since I already have them I could put the money towards getting them machined, etc instead of buying Turinis - end cost will probably be quite similar with both, as mine could probably do with a refurb

Many Thanks,

James

PS : I just took the picture of google images, so apologies whoever's it is haha

Clio 2.0 16v 182
I like them. Never been a fan of matte black but it works. When you say "enlarging", do you mean the bore on the wheel? If so, it might be cheaper to get adapters as they will probably take care of the spacing issue.

I like them. Never been a fan of matte black but it works. When you say "enlarging", do you mean the bore on the wheel? If so, it might be cheaper to get adapters as they will probably take care of the spacing issue.

If I'm honest, they aren't meant to be matte black - just it's quite difficult to keep the reflections in Photoshop I'm finding - they'd be a dark glossy grey I'd be going for.

Yep, I'd need the bore enlarging on the actual wheel - Never realised you could get adapters, I'll look into it! I know you can get spigot if the wheels bore is too big, but the wheel's bore is too small in my case

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Yeah, last time I got adapters made the company asked me if I wanted to change the centre bore. Bog standard PCD adapters usually add 20mm to your tracking to cover the wheel bolts so two birds one stone

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Yeah they look good I reckon. Bit different :) quite soft I suppose... get them in anthracite for thy win!

Here we go for those who asked for Anthracite:

Clio Wheel Change.jpg

Unfortuntaly I'm fairly confident that I've edited them on a Mondial Blue 172 Cup, rather than an Arctic Blue (which they'd be fitted to)

Just wanted to try a different image to see what they'd look like...

If I'm honest I'm still not sure about them?

Definitely would have to be Anthracite or darker, because in anything lighter it makes the spokes look too wide if you get me (the darker colour almost hides the side of the spoke)

This is what I mean :
Alloy Crop.jpg

They almost look too chubby and fat

In silver they don't look like the same wheel. I like them in the dark colour though
Agree completely, it's just the sides of the spokes are less visible making them look thinner.

Here's a real photo of them on my Corsa :

image.jpg

It's not just the Photoshop making them look better, just the darker colour

PS : No Corsa hate please haha, I'm currently looking to get a Clio so cut me some slack lol