ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Thoughts and ideas...

ZX6R B1H
Looking into painting my clio ph1 172 shortly, just after the shafts and engine mounts have been done and also the exhaust so he's ready for the show season.

Anyways, im a painter by trade and have been toying with a few ideas but wanted to know how many clios are currently yellow and black.

The idea is Full black metallic base, with a purple pearl midcoat and HS clear not 100% which clear to use but i will be looking for one which gives a very deep shine that along With some yellow touches mainly badges, calipers. De-locked and some other bits and bobs.

Before i rush out and buy the paints, has the yellow and black been done to death in your opinion. Granted it is my car and i do like the yellow and black look but its a fourm and i was after a bit of feedback within the clio scene :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Hello!! Took many hours to get home last night. Big accident on the M6. Booooo! :(

But anyway, back on topic. What do you want to achieve? A track-look or a show-look?

ZX6R B1H
:( gutted matey, traffic sucks ass.

Tbh mate, im bored and just want to play *usually do this before summer comes* last year i built a euro nova in a few months with flared arches etc blah blah that was from a white 1.0 base nova.

This year is the clios turn lol, I will be doing track days, B road blasts etc but will also be attending shows. Im more of a Have one car and use it for everything kinda person.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Seen yellow and black alot, but still looks great IMO.

Have you seen BMW Imola Red?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Theres a pic on here somwhere of a Black and lime green Clio Cup car.

Hold on i'll go look....

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
This one...

bob_clio_2007.jpg

ZX6R B1H
Seen yellow and black alot, but still looks great IMO.

Have you seen BMW Imola Red?

Tbh mate, i dont think i have. Google :D

I was toying with Black green, Black yellow, Black red etc either will work rather well.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
That green is awesome, if it were me to get really noticed at a show I'd think abit more out of the circle, pastal colours are still cool.

ZX6R B1H
pastle colours are still very cool, ive done a lot of flat solid colours over the last few cars ive painted. So fancied something metallic and pearly. Really thinking about the jade greeny colour and black mind. I'll find out the colour code for that one tomorrow :D

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
That is a standard colour mind! (well, sort of)

(just incase you were trying to be original!)

ZX6R B1H
Ummm, i see your point if im going to do it... i might as well do it properly and go balls out lol.

ZX6R B1H
Yeah, i did that last time with the nova. Started with a KNB base green *citroen colour* and tinted it from there with blue's and Blue pearl

ended up looking like somthing i could of bought but it would of never been the same shade lol

DSC00024-7.jpg

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Good s**t even though it was on a nova. LOL I hate them, least your on the right track now. I've just got a compresser and am dying for a project, need some practice though before I could do a full car.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Defo mate cos I'm just a beginner, only done my door strips on my cup, that was with a can though. The choosing of the paint is 1 of the best parts I think. You will have to let me know what ya decide.

ZX6R B1H
Yeah, i will get it all sorted and make a start lol :D in a few weeks. Project post is a must i guess ha ha ha.

ZX6R B1H
PMSL, its my everday driver matey... i will hit it all in a weekend :D Its having the cambelt done atm. Only picked itup last week.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
Long weekend that. LOL but suppose it's ya job so your a pro. Took me 3 days to do my door strips, wet and dried by hand and leaving them to dry and stuff.

ZX6R B1H
Seen that car loads matey, Im sure its that which has caused me to want yellow and black lol, Was it you txting wiggle on saturday about getting a new 172?