ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Those who've gone PE2 -> PS3

mikeh

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
What did you think of them compared to the PE2?

How did they compare wet and dry? I've heard reports of softer sidewalls - is there any truth to this?

I'm anxious to try the PS3 at around £40 a corner cheaper than the best price I can find for PE2s.

Can we limit this thread to objective (and relative) responses please? If you trundle up and down the motorway every day, you're probably not going to have experienced the tyres in a manner I'm looking for experience with. Similarly, if you thought KU31s, T1Rs or FK452s were good tyres, please don't bother either.

123d coupe
Hi mate, i too have had to move on to these as most local fitters now only stock these and have just been using up old stock from distributors...but tried hard to source exaltos again and wanted to carrying on with them because there good tyres! (imo)

So, tyres. Can only talk about the rears really, as I put to new pe2's at the front in july 2010 (half wear now really) and had a puncture in on one rear and decided as the tyres were nearly 3 yr old dog, brand new accellara tyres from when i bought the car at southend renault in 08, (ha not like they were going to replace all corners with pe2's in any hurry now! i'd be lucky!) i'd stick on its proper tyres.

Cost is about the same, £100 more or less, and am biased to believe sidewalls could be less stiffer than pe2's fom the look of them?? But cant really give an honest opinion with them not being fitted on the front, but one thing i would say is they have got to be, and better be up to scratch when i replace the fronts. Cant beet a michelin, for this car..

Hmm think the 205 width on ps3's dont look as wide as the pe2's from a rear view?? But that might just be me.

Interested to hear others thoughts on them...

BMW 118d
Been using these for the last 5months and can't fault fault them, I think they look alot better too.

BMW 118d
I just think the ps3 looks better, the stypes are wider than the pe2 and the rim protection looks better IMO.